Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#432371 03/07/12 08:21 PM
Z
zach Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
My Wife and I and 1 couple are coming to the AC on the 17th. I just want to be sure it is safe especially for the women. We will be staying at the pelican reef. Please advise me if i am doing somthing wrong. Oh we are from USA and we dont speak any other languages. Also do you have any type of steel drum music there? If not wht types of music do you have?

Last edited by zach; 03/08/12 07:46 AM.
Z
zach Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Oh i am also flying into belize city and taking a water taxi to the AC. Any Tips much appreciated

It is safe on AC. Belize is an English speaking country.
We have lots of different kinds of music - from soca, reggae, paranda, 70's rock, country-western ......
If you're on the Tropic Ferry you're good to go. If you are planning to take a water-taxi from Belize City, please rethink it and either fly Maya or Tropic, or book Tropic Ferry.

Last edited by Diane Campbell; 03/07/12 08:39 PM.
Z
zach Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
where is the tropic ferry? or how do i get it booked from belize city?. I am flying in to belize city and a few of the girls dont like the little planes that go from island to island. Is the water taxi not safe?

A
A
Hi Zach. I sent you a private message.

Z
zach Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
I didnt get your Private mesage. My email is

Last edited by zach; 03/07/12 08:57 PM.
Z
zach Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
How should i get from belize city to the AC? What is the safest mode of travel?

S
S
My question would be: when was it ever unsafe???

Originally Posted by zach
How should i get from belize city to the AC? What is the safest mode of travel?

Please, just take a flight from International to San Pedro.....worth the few extra bucks and will give you much more time to spend on the Island plus a very scenic flight. When we go to San Pedro to our second home, we feel safer than when we are in the US. Relax!!!!!!!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Zach,

All of the above; everybody has given you good advice. Out of curiosity, how did you come to choose Ambergris Caye?

The neighborhood you're in is one of the nicest areas south of town. ~ 2.75 miles. Quiet, pretty and safe. There is an organized neighborhood watch. Your resort, Pelican Reef, is very nice, nice staff, beautiful area on the reef. Yes the ladies will be fine, anywhere. Usual cautions. When youre in town, avoid doing stupid things like leaving your purses and valuables unattended, or leaving your golf cart unlocked.

Diane and LoanSum basically said "do yourself a favor take a flight". If you want to save yourself some money flying to the island take a taxi to Municipal Airport for $25 and fly from there. Its less because the Muni doesnt charge the airlines the fees that BZ Int'l does, the savings are passed on to you. Otherwise fly either airline from Int'l. Google Tropic Air, Maya Island you can book flights from either airline at either airport from their websites.

Okay water taxi...25$ taxi ride to the docks. Most of the taxi drivers will take you to the one that's leaving soonest, but ask anyway.... As to the boats themselves...no toilets. Unless you book Tropic Ferry for ~$125USD roundtrip or $75USD oneway, google their website. They pick up at the airport and get you to the island. Their boat has a head, music, rum punch, its large, and it's a pleasant trip. Btw Belize is not Jamaica or Barbados, not much in the way of steel drums...Did I say Tropic Ferry had toilets? I did? good, the others dont...

On the other water taxis you're basically in an enclosed roughly 40' launch on bench seats at the mercy of whatever the weather decides to do, along with however many people they decide to jam aboard. If it's smooth its okay. If its windy, it's going to be choppy and uncomfortable...particularly if you or a member of your party is prone to sea sickness. Did I mention there are no toilets? No? You've just had 3 beers at the airport to celebate arrival and you're on a boat with..no toilets, for 75 minutes...ready to fly yet? I am...

Neither the water taxi or the flights are unsafe, it's more a matter of comfort, convenience and speed. I hope this helps, seriously.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 307 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.