Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
Hey everyone! Thank you for all the excellent info regarding hotels, etc. I have learned so much about AC which should help to make our trip there very enjoyable indeed!!

After much debate and telephone tag with the travel agent we finally managed to get accommodations at the Sunbreeze Beach Hotel. I was originally debating between Ramon's and Banyon Bay, however Ramon's quads were all booked and Banyon proved too expensive and a bit too far from town for my peace of mind where the two teenage girls are concerned. But the Sunbreeze seems like a perfect little spot for our trip. Now to find the best watering hole........

Is anyone out there headed to AC in the middle of November like we are? Perhaps we could sample some Belikins together that I've been reading so much about....

One of the best watering holes is next door to the sunbreeze. It's BC's Beach Bar.

When you leave your room head directly toward the shoreline. Before entering the Caribbean, turn right and walk about 50 or 60 feet. Stop, turn to the right once more, and you should be heading for the entrance to BC's.

Have fun,
**Jim

**Jim
Jim's directions as usual are perfect. Futhermore, when you leave BC's just reverse the directions, and replace the word "walk" with "crawl". You'll be JUST fine.

CC

M
M
Hi canuckchick !!

5 of us will be over in AC from the UK between the 9th and 14th of November - then we're off to Cayo for a week or 2. We'll be happy to join you in a Belikin or 3 !!

Marty

K
K
Isn't Banyan Bay as close to Town as you can get??

Or am I hitting the Crack Pipe to hard.

Koz, you CRACK me up!!!!!

R
R
I just got back from spending a week at the SunBreeze -- it was great. Very relaxed atmosphere. A great pool. Friendly staff. Perfect location. Have fun!

C
C
Hi there -- I'm a newbie from Ontario and would like to ask CanuckChick if she has any hints about air travel from Canada.

My four fellow travellers have been to Belize seven years ago and haven't stopped talking about it since. We're desperately trying to set a trip up for January/Feb 2002, but the flights are so expensive. Is there any hope they get cheaper? We have to keep costs down or there is a chance the trip may be cancelled -- and that just CAN'T happen! I've explored the Cancun bus route, but you lose 2 days off the vacation and that sucks.

Any ideas? The more I read about AC, the more I know I have to see it (and taste the famous Belikin).

Louise

C
OP Offline
C
Hey Marty

We'll definately make a plan to meet up with you. BC's sounds like the place to be - I CAN crawl back to my bunk. I'll get back to you on exact date - don't have my itinerary yet but I think we arrive on AC on Nov. 10

Hi Curious Canuck

We had the same concerns that you did regarding expensive flights. We live in Northern Alberta and to fly from our closest city (Grande Prairie) would cost us a fortune. The next main airport (Edmonton) still added several hundred dollars each to our bill so we chose to fly from Calgary which is the southern most starting point for a flight with an international destination. We might be able to pick up a flight from Grande Prairie to Calgary on a seat sale and if not, then we will drive (nine hours). The other thing to keep in mind is that you are using the same carrier for both trips, there and back. If you pick specific dates - the return carrier might change causing the ticket to be billed as two one way tickets instead of a round trip. I had some trouble with the travel agent because I gave her the general dates when we wanted to travel but she didn't realize that there was a day or so lee way to play with. At first, she told me that the hotel we wanted (Seabreeze) was booked. I phoned them myself and found out that they were only fully booked for the last two days of the dates I gave her. So I told her to move our departure date back by two days and no problem. Your travel agent should be better than mine and tell you what your options are.

I did a lot of research for airfares online and found that most pertain to departure from the US so it is very difficult to get a good idea. Our flight from Calgary to San Pedro is $867 Cdn per person just to give you an idea. Sometimes allowing an overnight along the way will reduce the cost. We have an overnight in Houston on the way there but direct all the way back.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions - I'm a newbie too, hence the fact that I didn't know that Banyon Bay was as close to town as you can get - perhaps I need some of that CRACK.

F
F
Hope you have a great time in AC. Looking forward to our trip in Feb.2002
We are flying from Alberta through Houston as well.
We have been asking around about cashing Canadian travellers cheques there and so far I have a mixed opinion.
If you take some Canadian cheques with you let us all know if you can cash them no problemo....Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.