Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#43292 - 08/22/01 08:51 PM sunsets
Seattle-ite Offline
If I can read a map correctly, the majority of the hotels (including Banana Beach where I'll be staying) face East. My soon-to-be wife and I will want to see a few sunsets on the beach if at all possible, and I'm just wondering if it's possible?

To clarify that, is the West side of the island crododile infested, or is it a safe 10-15 minute walk away? I haven't seen an awful lot of pictures of the island (especially arial pictures), so I'm trying to get an idea of how to plan for the honeymoon.

Thanks!

#43293 - 08/22/01 09:11 PM Re: sunsets
robertsdr Offline
My choice was getting up early to watch the sunrise, feeling the caye slowly come alive, people walking the beach to work, listening to that first water taxi taking the guys up to cap'n morgan's to begin their workday, the clanging of coffee cups being set on tables in the early morning. A NesCafe' and condensed milk moment.

#43294 - 08/22/01 09:58 PM Re: sunsets
lmarquis Offline
In May, I stayed at Mata Rocks which is right next door to BB. I saw beautiful sunrises and sunsets everyday!

#43295 - 08/22/01 10:40 PM Re: sunsets
IslandJunkie Offline
Sunrises are incredible (so are sunsets). But where else can you get up at 5:00am and actually be happy & excited about it?????
:-)

#43296 - 08/23/01 02:16 AM Re: sunsets
BillandJeanne Offline
Try a sunset cruise.

#43297 - 08/23/01 02:03 PM Re: sunsets
Debbie Offline
Some places have roof top verandas that are high enough to see the sunset. I've read about them on the board here in the past but can't really remember the names of which resorts have them. Can anyone help me out here????? My husband also enjoyed the sunrises. On the dock with a steaming cup of Java. Heaven.
Debbie

#43298 - 08/23/01 03:37 PM Re: sunsets
swayflo Offline
Seven Seas has a roof top that you can watch the sunset over the lagoon. Very beautiful, but I would try the sunrise too. I was the only one in my group that would wake up to see it and I'm so glad I did. It's so peaceful at that time of the morning, everything's so new and quiet. I got some good pics of the sunrise with palm trees, the pier and the calm water.

Peace, Susan

Oh yeah, Jambel Jerk also has an upstairs deck that you can eat on. You probably could see the sunset from there.

#43299 - 08/23/01 06:37 PM Re: sunsets
ScubaLdy Offline
I agree -- Before going to Belize I thought; ocean = sunset.
The first morning when I woke up early and went to the verandah with my coffee I finally understood what photographers mean by "the magic moment."
Since then I never miss a sunrise when traveling. There is only enough time to get a few good pictures but those you will cherish.
I have, sitting here below my computer monitor, a sunrise picture I took of a pier twisted into an interesting shape by hurricane Mitch, with golden shimmering water surrounding it.
ENJOY!

#43300 - 08/23/01 06:51 PM Re: sunsets
lupay Offline
We enjoy watching the sunsets from the rooftop patio at the Belizean Reef

#43301 - 08/23/01 06:56 PM Re: sunsets
Big Frank Offline
Also the Yacht Club about 1 mile south of town has a third story bar that is open --but maybe only on the weekend. That's okay take a picnic and do it on your own!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (dabunk), 52 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,062 Topics
462,318 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.