Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Day 5: Ugh! There's that blinding light again! Geez! I open the door and look outside...yep, white sand, turquoise water, heat, and the humidity slaps me in the face...another beautiful day on Ambergris Caye...I feel weak! I slug down Gallon Jug coffee and OJ, along with a coupla aspirins. Food! I need food! We head down the beach and in Estelle's. AHHHHH....this is just what I need! Mayan eggs, fryjacks, a big bottle of water, my feet in the sand, and the beautiful waters stretched out in front of me...this is the hangover cure of all hangover cures! I'm sprouting roots...

Today we'll practice the island mantra and do nothing. I've promised to bring back all sorts of stuff for the kids and my fellow Colorado Chapter of Ambergris Caye Society (CCACS) members. So we bebop all around town sweating and shopping. My wife is in heaven, I'm sweating Belikin and rum punch!

We eventually make our way to Fido's courtyard and introduce ourselves to Elisabeth at Ambar's. We explain to Elisabeth that we met Tim at the Colorado pool party. Kathy IMMEDIATELY falls in love with her jewelry, and these two ladies begin to make a spiritual connection. These two are soul mates from the get go! We buy some necklaces for my daughters, and I buy Kathy a beautiful creation from Elisabeth, plus a few things for me (yes, Tim, I bought your other CD!). By now we've taken an hour of Elisabeth's time, but we cannot leave! Kathy tells Elisabeth of her 60 mile journey for breast cancer, and she is enthralled. She begins to explain to us about her work and chakras. The shop is getting busy and we try to let Elisabeth get back to her work, but there is an aura around these two women...you can see it in their eyes. Ya know how it is when you try to leave but something keep drawing you back? That's how it was! Finally we say goodbye and exchange hugs...I see tears begin to well up in their eyes...Wow, instant connection! And dummy me...I forget to take pictures! Unfortunately, we'll return two more times to see Elisabeth, but she won't be there. Oh well...we'll have to send emails when we get back to the States. Tim, that is one special lady !

Energized from our time with Elisabeth, Kathy is feeling adventurous...we head over to Fido's dock to go parasailing. We meet Tony and Yvonne...totally cool couple! Folks...ever since this woman turned 40, it has been one adventure after another: motorcycles, glider rides, handguns...now this.! No sooner do we pay than the sky begins to turn black! No problem! Tony says come back later in the week and he'll take care of us. Kathy hangs out at Fido's bar waiting for the weather to blow over. I go down to SEArious Adventures to take care of our arrangements for cave tubing tomorrow (Sat.) The skies open up...I'm soaked...no problem. Kathy has another appt booked with the chiropractor this afternoon, so she and Doug head over to Papi's for lunch...I opt to head for the pillow instead! 30 min later, I am refreshed and wolfing down Kathy's leftover Shrimp ceviche with a belikin!

Since we are planning on cave-tubing tomorrow, we are going low-profile tonight...besides, my liver is SCREAMING! Doug opts to go night-fishing with Luis at the cut. Us married folk decide to head for Cocos, for it was heartily recommended by the locals for REAL local fare. Kathy has chicken with rice and beans AGAIN. Me, having sworn to a strict seafood diet, decide to bend and order the national dish... chicken, rice and beans, too. Folks...our dinner meals were averaging $135-$150BZ...this meal ran me a whopping $21BZ!!!! IT WAS DELICIOUS! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! Our waitress was a very lovely 18 yr. old girl, who told us that she would be moving to Indiana soon as an exchange student. Well, at least she'll be used to humid weather... but she better get some warmer clothes!

Off we go to walk the town and walk off some of that delicious meal. Eventually we end up down south at the Barefoot Iguana. I thought we were going low profile! Kathy orders rum&coke...the national drink, they bring her two (must be happy hour!) I grab a belikin. We're early...it's only 10 or 10:30! We are practically the only people here...shoulda went to bed first! Well, we stay till about 12:30AM, dance a few dances, and head back...we got a big day tomorrow! We take a late night swim in the pool. Doug tells us that he and Luis caught about a dozen fish that night! We down a belikin, then hit the sack...tomorrow we go to the mainland!

Pirate, you have a way with words. In fact, it sounds so much like our last trip to AC that it is scary. On the other hand, you sound like the kind of guy who could sit by a ditch with a warm Heinikin and have a great time. Hint, the trips get better each time.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
L
L
Go Pirate! I think you better title your trip reports "Man Lives to Tell Story!"

PIRATE.....
MAN... you guys had all the fun we missed out on!!! No wonder your mind wanders...when ya speak of the AC... lol
You got the bug bad mon!!!!
Love and Big Hugs to you and yours!!!
Hope

P.S. Dan has been reading as well... his comments are "NOT FAIR!!! THAT'S WHAT WE WANTED TO DO!"

OP Offline
Hope and Dan...missed you at the party...maybe someday the entire CCACS can hit AC together! Wouldn't that be great? I wonder if I'd live to tell THAT story!? HAHA!

Bobber...I don't know how it can get any better, but like the song says: "I ain't never heard of too much fun!"

P
P
Great

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 268 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.