Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Ghost Hunters International Recap Episode 3.10: Sacrificed Mayan Spirits

Welcome to THE SLAUGHTER show...almost literally. Bloodletting splits the team a bit as they try to attempt to figure out if the haunt is an ancient Mayan Temple or their client.

So...this is awkward. I've been away for awhile. Hey, that Halloween episode took a lot out of me. I've been recovering in a dark hole, gaining my strength by eating the various bugs that crawl by. I am now ready to make myself known to the world again.

Honestly, I missed so many episodes of Ghost Hunters, I just figured I'd wait out the rest of the season and make my comeback with Ghost Hunters International. It was a long wait. Nothing really happened on Ghost Hunters, right? Am I right?

Let's see what our jet riding world travellers are up to these days.

On This Episode of Ghost Hunters International
It's nice to see Mike Rowe is back for another season. How much they paying you, Mike? Do you do one off gigs? I need someone to announce for my bowling tournament. This week the team goes after Mayan spirits -- which I don't think is a good idea with the whole Mayan calendar -- 2012 thing, ya know. Rowe makes us believe that maybe the team is in trouble, but I don't know about that Mikey.

Great new opening! This is by far the best opening the show has ever had, though they did get the ridiculous "flying duck" V formation walk in for just a second. Never thought I'd say this about the Pilgrim Films production team, but good job. I see THE SLAUGHTER has dropped the "in-training" from her title. Congrats on that.

CASE #1: Cahal Pech Mayan Ruins, San Ignacio. Belize

We are shown violent blood rituals and human sacrifices via wall animation. THE SLAUGHTER is rocking the matching purple shirt and eye shadow. The purpose of the car segment is to give the team the question of whether or not the spirits are attached to the temple or the dude who called them in. And to get shots of THE SLAUGHTER and Kris, because sex sells -- and there has to be a certain amount of the audience that has car seat fetishes.

THE INVESTIGATION

Pedro is our guy in peril. It is also the most common "spanish" name chosen by middle schoolers in their Spanish 101 class. Kris is trying to gain favor from me by wearing a t-shirt/jeans combo because someone has obviously told her that. Pedro probably needs some subtitles but he's not getting -- nevermind, someone from Pilgrim Films (probably the same guy who told Kris) heard me and started to give subtitles. Basically, Pedro thinks the spirits of the temple may have followed him home. An interesting case for GHI. A little out of the norm, which is good. There are shadow people, a woman in white...yada, yada, yada. I may have heard wrong, but I think Barry just gave the okay to do some bloodletting. Is that right?

Yep, there's definately going to be bloodletting. THE SLAUGHTER tells as much because they are setting up cameras to capture it. The place is extra haunted because they even start hearing stuff during setup. THE SLAUGHTER is totally taking over the show. They're not even letting anyone else talk at this point. Whose going to volunteer to blood let? I don't even know if blood let is a real thing. Paul, despite facial piercings and tattoos declares to be afraid of needles and bails. Kris is totally against the idea, but THE SLAUGHTER is all hardcore and shit. She blood lets every night before bed just because she can. It's just another Saturday night for her.

I think THE SLAUGHTER might have volunteered just to get into the "A" shot of the investigation. She's coming for your spot, Kris. Kris and Joe Chin are outside the Temple watching the cameras. Kris, because she is being punished for disagreeing with Barry and Joe Chin because the sight of blood will make him frenzy and kill everyone is sight with but three thrust kicks. Think about it. Paul takes a minute to try and make it about him, but the producers say "No -- its all about boobs! Back to THE SLAUGHTER!" Kris really hates the bloodletting ordeal and tries to get Joe Chin on her side, but he no sells.

Quote from Kris that can totally be taken out of context; "Barry and I just have different opinions on some things. He wants to watch." Hehe...

THE SLAUGHTER tries to make it about sharing experiences with spirits, but we all know different. Paul gets some camera time by yelling at the jungle and...

COMMERCIALS.

The producers relent and if Paul's going to act crazy enough, they're going to give him camera time. He runs around enough to hear voices...possibly in his head.

Meanwhile in the cave...Pedro says communication has been made.

Meanwhile outside of the cage...Kris denounced the bloodletting with words that need bleeped.

I kind of like the three different points of view that we are bouncing back and forth with. It's different than the regular investigation in that everyone on the team is involved and there's a little strife due to difference of opinion -- nothing wrong with that.

Joe Chin gets the bad touch so...

COMMERCIALS

Joe Chin gives Kris the bad touch to which she responds "Eww." I'm with you Joe Chin -- I've gotten the response my fair share of times. Scott wants some camera time so he also gets scratched and makes Kris check it. No lie, I actually forgot about Scott so it's good that he got camera time when he did.

The bloodletting all done, Barry tries to get the ghost hunting back to the traditional format, which takes he and Kris into somewhere I thought was Plaza A, but is not. Insert traditional seeing of shadows and hearing of voices and move on.

Scott and Joe Chin are on "make the blue lights turn red" duty over in the actual Plaza A. When it doesn't happen right away, they try to provoke by talking about the spirit under their breaths. That works.

COMMERCIALS.

When we come back, Scott uses a line I am totally going to start using at my bar when someone gets belligerent.

"Does that make you angry -- that you're stupid?!"

TAPS RULE #74 takes us out.

Pedro gets tied to Paul and THE SLAUGHTER. You would think that bloodletting would get THE SLAUGHTER out of the menial tasks of ghost hunting, but there she is holding a camera. That Barry is such a slave driver. Pedro talks, but I didn't really listen because I was typing that sentence above. Pedro and Paul play pattycake while THE SLAUGHTER is all like, "come on -- I gave blood and everything!"

COMMERCIALS.

Pedro is now just collecting money from his friends by betting them on the silliest things he can get the team to do on TV. THE SLAUGHTER isn't falling for it. She chooses to "document" instead. Then she gives us TAPS RULE #74.

Joe Chin and Scott are in the "Point of No Return" with the snazzy disco light toy. I'm going to be disappointed if they return. Stupid nicknames never mean anything to those Mayans.

The investigation was so trying that somehow THE SLAUGHTER lost her eye shadow.

THE ANALYSIS
The team does a good job debunking footsteps in the jungle by tracking them to a large owl that swooped by. This kind of thing on TV is the sort of stuff that gives them credibility. Joe Chin gets a nasty EVP which THE SLAUGHTER claims is the best she's ever heard. She must not have heard all that many.

THE REVEAL
Do they have wifi at ancient Mayan temples? Kris is sporting her "Addicted to Love" look for those who keep track of such things. They play up the "temperature recorders" that switch from blue to red. I think there's an EMF meter between them that doesn't move which is odd -- if indeed that is an EMF meter. Pedro goes to bat for the ancient Mayans -- who probably don't know what the word stupid means. The best EVP THE SLAUGHTER has ever heard says "Pedro's not here." It is pretty clear, but I've heard clearer (more clear?).

Cartalk. Barry says they answered some of the questions that were posed but before he could tell me whether the spirits were haunting Pedro or the temples, my DVR cuts off. Such is life when you live and die by the DVR.

OVERALL: This felt like two episodes. The first half of the episode seemed new and different. I really liked the different atmosphere the show gave during this time with the team all focusing on the bloodletting but experiencing it in different ways. I also liked the bit of dissension between Barry and Kris. GHI since it's inception has beed much blander than GH because of Pilgrim's demand that the locations sell GHI as opposed to personality. Therefore anytime we can get into our investigators heads is a good thing. I've decided Susan is the girl you spend all night listening to her rant at the bar, get her number and then call her two days later only for her to tell you that she doesn't remember you. That could be totally wrong, but for now, that's what I'm sticking to.

SOURCE

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Photos from the Ghost Hunters International Cahal Pech episode

Photos from the GHI Cahal Pech episode. The video isn't up yet.

CLICK HERE

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Three videos of the GHI episode Sacrificed Mayan Spirtis filmed at Cahal Pech.

I was not familiar with the show and was not sure what to expect. The bloodletting scene was just a little bit funky.

Sorry guys, maybe somebody had fun with this, but for me it doesn't even rate a good watch for being wildly and amusingly terrible (and I'm the one who liked Toxic Avenger ...... )

If you want a truly bad and yet upsettingly scary film - Blair Witch Project is it.
After that, forget it.

C
C
They also did the A.T.M. cave, we watched this, came across it by accident. Pretty sad....

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.