Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Day 7: Kathy had originally planned to return to the states today (Sunday). I made her change her vacation dates to allow us to stay through Sunday, returning on Monday. Why?? Because WE'RE GOING TO BC'S BEACH BBQ!!! We are not sorry we stayed to experience this! DO NOT MISS THIS ONE FOLKS! Charlene is the best hostess and Palapa goddess, Bruce an excellent chef, and Ernie is the ultimate bartender! The food is FABULOUS! It is ANOTHER beautiful day, and we linger at BC's to enjoy the food , views, and the hospitality. IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS! Ernie provides us with a multitude of beverages, and I finally decide to take the plunge, ordering the famous "Blue Hole Drink"! WHEW!!!!

Satiated and buzzed, we say our good byes and head north to the Palapa. We must be early, because I don't see many people headed north. I was hoping to hitch a ride with somebody, and Kathy's getting pissed because it's hot and we're walking. Finally we reach the cut and we're on the ferry with a golf cart. It seems these fine folks from Texas (there are more Texans in AC than there are in CO!!! HAHAHAHA!) are headed to Palapa. I"M SAVED!!! We hop on the back, and soon meet Casey. This guy is a HOOT! He brings out his banjo, and pretty soon we're all singing "Rocky Top" at the top of our lungs! Country music! BONUS! Kathy is sound asleep in the hammock right behind the band! (Guess that Dirty Banana drink went straight to her head!) About a half hour later she rejoins the festivities refreshed and in rare form. Casey shouts at us..."HEY COLORADAH, y'all come up here an' sing Rocky Mtn High!" Uh...no thanks, Casey! We'll pass! The crowd grows as the afternoon wanes. Pretty soon Bruce from BC's shows up, and HERE COMES TONY AND YVONNE! Alright! Tony is instantly on the mike, belting out songs for the rest of the afternoon/evening! Now we're partying! Before we know it, Casey is out of tequila AND rum! Who knows what we we're drinking after that! WHO CARES????!!!! We have a great time at Palapa, but our ride is heading back to town and I don't want to risk the wrath of my female again, so we say our good byes and head back into San Pedro.

FOOD!!! WE NEED FOOD!!!! WE GOTTA GO TO PAPI'S ONE LAST TIME!! Belikin, shrimp ceviche, and of course...LOBSTER!! Papi is an artist in the kitchen...dinner is even better tonight than it was on our first night here! Our hunger at bay, we spend the rest of the evening wandering the streets of San Pedro. It's Sunday night and things are pretty quiet, but that's okay...we're just soaking up all of the town we can...I DON'T WANNA LEAVE TOMORROW!!!!!!!!

We run into Ernie, who is with his beautiful wife and son. Ernie introduces us, remembering all of our names! (Is this guy good or what?) We chat at length, enjoying his company and this beautiful night.

Day 8: I wake the next morning because a suitcase has landed on top of me! Geeze! It's 7AM! Our Tropic Air flight isn't until 1PM! I drag myself outta bed and make some Gallon Jug coffee. Life begins to course through my veins again. Our buddy Roque shows up early to say goodbye...this is hard to do. [Linked Image] Hugs and pictures follow. DAMN! How can people become so attached in only a week?

We finish packing, and I realize I don't have my camera! We call Palapa Bar and learn that Tony claimed my camera for me, and will bring it back. WHATTA GUY! We head to the Paradise palapa for breakfast. Mmmmmmm GOOD! We spy Roque and Jerry taking a group out. We are jumping up and down and waving and screaming, finally catching their attention. Take good care of yourselves, fellas! We'll be back!

We head to Fido's dock to recover my camera. "Tony's not here, mon. He called and said not to book anything until after 11!" Oh well...it's the island way! (And I know how he's feeling today!) Kathy takes up residence in Fido's bar where she is well-attended, Doug and I go off to grab some last min souvenirs. We catch up with my camera and Tony, thanking him for covering for me and saying goodbye once again.

We're packed, but not willing to leave! We say goodbye to Luis and Sherrie (Carol is off today). This is hard to do as well. [Linked Image] A full flight back to the mainland and I head straight for the duty free shops. The CCACS (Colorado Chapter of Ambergris Caye Society) is having a party next week, and I promised to bring Belikin! WHAT???? YOU'RE OUTTA BELIKIN???? (Seems some pirate guy and his brother drank it all!) I grab 2 litres of rum and some hot sauce...that'll hold 'em! (We drank both bottles at the party...ouch!)

The rest of the story....well, it sucks because we are on a long flight pointed away from AC, BUT WE WILL BE BACK! [Linked Image]

Thank you to all the people we met on the Island who helped to make this a very special and memorable trip. We miss you already!

M
M
You write the best reports. I WANT TO GO BACK RIGHT NOW! You can find me at the Seven Seas when you come back....we will have to do more shots (but none with a snake in the bottle...shudder)
Jen

J
J
I loved every word of your trip reports. Thanks so much for sharing! Our wedding is on Sunday (next week), so we'll miss all the action at BC's and Palapa. BOO!!! Where is Palapa, and what time does the party end? Our wedding is around 5:00 at Sundiver with dinner to follow, maybe we could catch up with the party after dinner/drinks!
I'll tell Tony hi for you as we are definitely going parasailing (weather permitting, of course)!
Jennifer aka Turnbun

B
B
Pirate, your post are awesome. I am going to San Pedro in November and can't wait to go after reading your reports. Wonderful job!!!!!!!

P
P
Great

S
S
Plunk, You are a person of few words. Must be of the male gender.
Today is a glorious day in the Colorado Rockies. Sunning on the deck, listening to Barefoot Skinny and drinking Coke. Got to keep my island girl tan, turns Pirate to jello. Sorry no rum, Pirate and his shipmates drank it all. Thinking about taking a spin on the ole motorcycle. It ain't AC but close enough to heaven for me.

OP Offline
Jennifer, Palapa is North of the cut, past Sweet Basil. Just look for the sign, you can't miss it. How late does it go? As long as Casey's still standing!!!(or until they run outta booze!) [Linked Image]

L
L
Great reports Pirate. I was brave and tried the Blue Hole drink too. Smooth.... real smooth!

O-40-P,

So that rascal Ernie shivered your timbers a bit, eh matey?

Practice, practice, practice.

CC

OP Offline
I think I'll stick with Belikin and rum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
2 members (dabunk, JayinOhio), 228 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.