Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

A family from the Boca del Rio area in San Pedro Town is seeking the assistance of the general public in locating their missing child. The missing teenager is 15 year old Stephanie Mejia who was last seen on Saturday night, March 24th in the vicinity of the Central Park.

Brother, Giovanni Mejia, 21, visited the San Pedro Police Station on Tuesday March 27th around 1PM to place the official missing person's report. According to Mejia, his sister Stephanie went swimming with her aunt and other family members on Saturday afternoon. After spending the day at the beach, she returned home and informed her mother that she would need to meet with her classmates later that night to work on a school project.

She was last seen by her family around 8PM, when she left en route to the town core area, where she was to meet with her classmates. Giovanni states that he discovered from asking Stephanie's friends that she left them around 8:30PM that night, en route to meet with some other friends to do her homework after which she was to head home. That was the last she was seen by anyone.

When she did not return home later that night, the family became alarmed and immediately started a search. As of press time on Tuesday afternoon, she has still not been found and there has been no information about her whereabouts. A concerned Giovanni told The San Pedro Sun, "She didn't have any problems at home, she didn't have any stress. I don't know what to say. I hope she is alive and that we find her soon."

Stephanie was last seen wearing blue shorts with a plain white blouse. She is described as standing about five feet seven inches tall, of medium build, with short black hair, brown eyes. According to her brother, Stephanie does not have a boyfriend as far as the family members are aware. Anyone having information on the whereabouts of 15-year-old Stephanie is asked to contact the nearest Police Station at Phone Numbers: 911, San Pedro: 206-2022, BMP-802-2222 or 21, CZL-402-2022, OWK-302-2022, BZE-207-2022 or 23, San Ignacio 824-2022, BVO-823-2038, DGA-502-2022, Independence-523-2022, PG-702-2022, Hattieville-225-6056, Ladyville-225-2022.

San Pedro Sun

P
P
I hope this has a happy ending. I have watched this girl grow up as she walks past my house to school every day and she has always been one of the nicest, happiest and polite kids on the Caye.

For some reason I find this more disturbing than a cellphone taken by force...

Originally Posted by Bear
For some reason I find this more disturbing than a cellphone taken by force...

Particularly disturbing what with everything else going on...

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Found! Self-reported okay after missing person report filed. So says San Pedro Sun

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Uh Huh. teenagers.

Originally Posted by Otteralum
Found! Self-reported okay after missing person report filed. So says San Pedro Sun

So happy for her and her family........hope this report is accurate!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
L
L
I'm happy she is safe. However I have to agree with Diane. That is what teens do, and it sucks.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Missing San Pedro girl located in Punta Gorda

A fifteen year old San Pedro girl who was reported missing on Tuesday has been located; but the teen apparently does not want to go back home. As we reported previously, Stephanie Meijia was reported missing after she did not show up at home on Saturday night. The family informed the authorities in San Pedro that Mejia had gone to do some homework with friends that night. After that story was broadcast, Mejia reportedly contacted her mother and confirmed her whereabouts.

LOVEFM

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.