Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
So many people are avoiding the Split because of the horrible loud music played all day every day - we had to shout over the blaring racket just to have a conversation over lunch

I spoke to about ten people over the last few days who agree that the Split is a place of natural beauty where they would hang out and eat/drink all day but they aren't going to return until the management turns the music down or preferably off as far as some are concerned

Not everyone who visits CC is a teen or twenty-something beer swiller who wants night-club-loud thumping music blaring out all day - the Split is at its most beautiful when it is quiet and lets remember the bar does not own the swimming area - speak up if you find the loud music intrusive and annoying - write a message here and tell the staff

Last edited by underthedeepblue; 03/30/12 10:52 AM.
M
M
I'm in my 50's and don't remember the music being offensively loud. It is if you are near the speakers, but you don't have to sit there. Omar (bartender) is a reasonable guy, discuss the issue with him.

If you don't get satisfaction, there are several other place to have a drink and enjoy the natural beauty...Belize Diving...Chat and chill.....bamboo....sports bar, just to name a few.

Last edited by MikeD; 03/30/12 06:46 PM.
M
OP Offline
M
Not the point really - the Split is a public swimming area and the music is disco-like and intrusive now more than ever

You may have been there when it was quieter

Hi Michigan Joe,
as you already know the split is the number one spot in the entire island to have a drink and enjoy interact with people,i agree with you ,if you stand next to the bar the music is loud,but not too much,i am now 51 and still love to hear that kind of music i have been there more then 20 time over the last 4 years,and always enjoy to go there,this is exactly what i am looking for when i go there,loud music,interact with so many people,enjoy a Beliken or Rhum & coke,dive in the water,this place is running like this for so many here and still very succesfull,by the way YES the bar OWN the swiming aera in front of the split this is the only private waterfront of the island,
the situation of entire island is complletly different now you have acces to the new reclamation beach ,this will provide you the best spot to sit in chair,read a book,enjoy tranquility and the sun,ALONE!!!!
and do not forget the LAZY LIZARD is the soul of * the Split *
AND BELIEVE ME I WOULD RATHER TO BE THERE RIGHT NOW WITH THE LOUD MUSIC AND ONE BAREL & COKE IN MY HAND
QUEBELIZE

R
ron Offline
R
I'm 65 and having been at the Split almost everyday for the past 4 months. I also live on the north island so even when I'm not at the split I can sometimes hear the music. The speakers are setup so the music is directed north. In the past 4 months I haven't heard any complaints about the music. Given the number of people that use the split I think you are in a small minority. I'm also not sure that the split is a public swimming area. As I understand it, the land up there is private property with a narrow road on the west side of the island. You might also noted that at the north end there is a new seawall and the beach has been extended another 25 feet or so. Immer paid for this. If I remember right, he also paid to have a seawall built and filled on the east side of that property. Immer in the time he has been the proprietor of the Lazy Lizard has made many improvements to the property and has certainly made is a much nicer place to have lunch or a beer. For those people who prefer a quieter place to relax, I'd suggest the new beach that has just been restored on the east side of CC. For me, thanks Immer for improving the split and making a better place to spend time.

P
P
Well, I agree that the music is often too loud. Especially at daytime (morning, early afternoon). As soon as the volume is turned up, I'm off. And I know that there are a lot of people that have the same opinion and therefor are going somewhere else. It is, that the split is the only place where you can have a good swim so they have a monopoly and can do whatever they want. But I think if you vary the kind of music they're playing and the volume of it a little bit more, it can even be more successful. And the beach maybe private property, the sea is not.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day