Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

What is your favorite hotel amenity?

Survey says: Free Wi-Fi.

OK, no surprise there, but according to a new Hotels.com survey, hotel guests would overwhelmingly take Wi-Fi over high-end coffee makers, an iPod dock, video game systems and workout equipment/DVDs. Over high-end coffee makers? That surprised me, but clearly I'm addicted to caffeine.

Many of the 415 guests polled reported that the availability of Wi-Fi factored into their decision on which hotel to book. More than one-third-38%--said free Wi-Fi was a must when staying at a hotel, 35% said it is the single amenity they want to see more of in hotels, and 31% said they want it to become a standard amenity at hotels this year.

"Given the explosion of mobile use in the past few years, it is no surprise that travelers are requiring free and fast Wi-Fi," said Taylor L. Cole, director of public relations and social media for Hotels.com. "Many guests never travel without their tablets, smartphones and laptops. It's as intuitive as packing a toothbrush. Guests use these items in their rooms to plan activities for the next day."

Cole also said he's noticed an uptick in mobile booking the day of a stay. "It is only natural that they'd want to stay connected while in their hotel rooms," he said.

The survey revealed some more interesting tidbits:

• 23% of guests said their favorite modern in-room amenity was the use of iPads. � 45% reported that their favorite new amenities are happy hours, wine tastings or any other activities involving free food and drinks.
  • 31% of travelers want complimentary bottled water in their hotel rooms (34% of female travelers and 24% of male travelers).
  • Some guests admitted to stealing linens/towels (14%) or magazine/books (12%) from hotel rooms. But the majority- more than 66% - have never stolen an item from their hotel room.
  • Travelers felt extra luxuries like turndown service and bath menus were "not worth the hype." (44% of female respondents and 30% of male respondents)
  • The bathroom phone is the least-used hotel amenity, with 37% of total respondents saying they never touch it.
  • When asked about amenities at luxury hotels, women prefer designer toiletries (23%) and men prefer the fitness center and spa (27%).
  • When asked if they could stay celebrity-style, the top option for both men (35%) and women (38%) was to have their kitchen pre-stocked with their favorite food and beverages. A close second was the ability to have a private pool and hot tub in the room (37% of women and 34% of men.) These options beat out an arcade, fresh flowers everywhere, private staff or a movie screening room.

For a detailed look at the survey, CLICK HERE.

"Given the explosion of mobile use in the past few years, it is no surprise that travelers are requiring free and fast Wi-Fi," said Taylor L. Cole, director of public relations and social media for Hotels.com. "Many guests never travel without their tablets, smartphones and laptops. It's as intuitive as packing a toothbrush. Guests use these items in their rooms to plan activities for the next day."
This is changing the game!...maybe I should keep that to myself and eat all of your lunches :-)
Wi-Fi empowered tourist make up their own minds and the auto commissions hounds are in the cold with the group that thinks emails can be answered later.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Wow, elbert, you've said a mouthful. Though, I have to admit, I do prefer to get the auto-acknowledgement, if they aren't going to be able to respond to my email within 24 hours. Frankly, after 48 hours of waiting, it doesn't matter to me whether I've received the auto-respond or not. I become concerned that a real person still hasn't A) received/read my email or B) having received it, aren't organized enough to answer and then if B), then comes C) if they aren't organized enough to answer, what comfort do I have that the hotel is organized enough to take proper care of my reservation.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

There are a few places that charge for wifi here on the island - crazy and bad for business.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.