Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
From a friend....

I received my Belize Bank statement today dated March 15 (they switched to the 15th recently). Inside was a glossy customer insert. They are informing customers that they must visit their bank branch by May 31st, 2012 to provide identification proofs. This is stated to be required under the 2008 Money Laundering & Terrorism Act and the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism Guidelines of 2010.
Customers are to provide:

1. Belize Social Security card (preferred) or

2. Passport; and utility bill with your name and residential address (issued not more than three months)

If the information is not provided "local regulation" requires the bank to "terminate a client relationship."

If you are "unable to come into the Bank, or if you require additional information, please contact the nearest Belize Bank branch."

Hmmmmm.......

Yes - this was posted a while back. If you are not on the island I think you can contact the manger, get an e-mail address, scan and send the info they require.
Apparently this is being done or has been done with other local banks as well.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 120 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.