Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#435396 - 04/11/12 12:36 PM Fishing expedition ends in tragedy; one dead
Marty Offline
There are reports of a drowning near St. George’s Caye. The victim has been identified as forty one year old Herbert Moore. Police say that on Monday afternoon, Moore and his wife, and two friends were on a fishing expedition near St. George’s Caye when one of the fishing lines became entangled on something in the water. Police say their investigations reveal that Moore decided to go and untangle the line; but never made it back out alive. According to the wife of the victim, about three minutes after he entered the water, she says her husband underwater on the left side of the boat moving as if though he was diving. She said that she assumed that he had already resurfaced for air and was just swimming around as he usually does. When Herbert Moore did not resurface, his wife contacted the coast guard for assistance. Upon their arrival, personnel from the Belize National coast guard found Moore’s body around four-twenty yesterday afternoon. The body of Herbert Moore was transported to the KHMH, where it was pronounced dead on arrival at 5:23 yesterday evening.

LOVETV

#435398 - 04/11/12 12:52 PM Re: Fishing expedition ends in tragedy; one dead [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

Three Drown Over Easter Weekend

Three persons died in drownings over the long Easter weekend.

One of them happened off St. George's Caye, another in Ladyville and one in Placencia. We turn first to the one in Placencia where a fun family getaway proved fatal for Antoine Tillett, also known as "Yenkie". Tillett who is in his early 40's was taking part in a family get-together when he capsized in a dorey. We spoke with his family who told us how he died.

Tamara Richards, Niece of Deceased
"He went out with the kids in one of the kayak and he was just out there in the water. I was inside the house when he was out in the water when they figured that he was drowning. They came and got me and I call the police."

Bert Ramos - cousin of Deceased
"Within the space of seconds; he was like 20 feet in front of me. When I lift up my head I didn't see where he disappears to. All I see was like he was waving the paddle but he waved the paddle in a way like - to me he was playing. When I look back I saw that he didn't come back up. It was then that I figured that something has happen. So I shout for help to everyone on the shore."

"When we got in the location I told them that this is the area that I saw the bubble because I had line it up from the house. The diver told me to stay there so he can go down. The first time he went down he came up back and says that the man is down here sitting down. "

Tamara Richards, Niece of Deceased
"I had him in my arms. I was trying to give him mouth-to-mouth. That's something that I got to live with that at least I try to help. It was kind of like a hopeless feeling."

Antoine lived in the United States and had two children. Another drowning happened yesterday: A 41 year old man drowned near St. George's caye while fishing with his wife and two friends. Herbert Moore, a Belizean artist and Vista Del Mar resident, was fishing around 2 in the afternoon when one of his friend's fishing lines got snagged on smething in the water.

Moore then put on a diving mask and fins before diving underwater to untangle it. About 3 minutes later, his wife, Mary Unger, saw Herbert moving underwater as if swimming and assumed he had already resurfaced for air. When he did not resurface, she contacted the coast guard for help. They found the body of Herbert Moore almost 2 and a half hours later and transported it to KHMH.

And, a 19 year old drowned in Ladyville on Saturday. Victor Foreman was swimming in Ladyville at 3:00 on Saturday afternoon at the waterfront in Vista Del Mar. they were swimming out in the deep - and his friends say he fell into a hole that was underwater.

Channel 7

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,006 Topics
462,170 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.