Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Art Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I will be staying at Captain Morgan's in September and would like to go fishing quite a lot while I'm there. Does anyone know of a good fishing guide at a good price? What about sharing a guide and boat? Anyone interested? I know my wife will not want to go with me all the time. We'll be there Sept 17th - 24th.

K
K
I do not know from personal experience but have heard over many years that Pao (sp) in San Pedro is a great fishing guide. You might try contacting him thru the Coral Beach Dive Shop. Good luck.

Hey guys--
Our personel favorite is Hillyboo, with freedom tours, we have used him for 4 years now every six months... You can email us [email protected] and I can give you his number... he has many options, and knows the land or sea if you will like the back of his hand.... And you go with no groups, just your group... Let us know... Thanks, Rick

O
O
Sol Caribe
Jerry and Roque
Tell them that Jackie and the Pirate and Kathy and Doug sent you
South side of the island
Read the Pirates trip report I think Day 3

ABSOLUTELY...Jerry Ack and Roque Caliz at Sol Caribe, like jackieo said. We caught barracuda, snapper, grouper, jack. Jerry even went spearfishing and brought us back some lobster. Then he cooked the whole shebang on the beach...BEST MEAL OF MY LIFE!

Several companies are listed at: //AmbergrisCaye.com/fishing/

There are prices, what to fish with, what to catch, lotsa good info there.

There there are also local folks who guide who I will list a few of...

The Guerrero brothers I've spent time with and know they have an environmental attitude. They give value while still leaving some fish for others. Everyone raves about their beach BBQ. Severo and his brother, Ramon Guerrero. Either one can give you a great day of fishing. Call Severo from the US @ 011 501 26 2324. Call Ramon @ 011 501 26 2325. They have been doing honest, reef friendly fishing for many years. They can also take you and your family on a full-day fish/snorkel trip for $150US...one of the best bargains on the island when you figure in the beach BBQ w/ your catch. You won't find a better value in San Pedro. Price is for the boat for the day, I think up to 4 people. The Guerrero brothers live next door to each other. If one is booked, ask for the other one. Good luck! Remember, take some and leave some.

Some don't advise you about catch and release. Some will let you fish all day without regard to limit (although there is none, common sense should take over). Some charge too much for too little.

Omar Arceo, does a heck of a job. Gilberto or Tomas arranged by Amigo's de Mar...

Luis Caliz at 011-501-26-5025, great guide and fisherman.

Nesto Gomez { a very good guide}-- one of the best tarpon and bonefish flyfisherman! He works out of El Pescador.

For flat fishing call Eloy Gonzalez at 026-2337

Pedro (Pete) Graniel. First rate equipment, including boats, and does both offshore, reef and inshore (tarpon, etc.) Keeps his boat just south of town. Ask anyone how to contact him. He's well known.

A friend went with a guy named Vince Dawson, and their bonefishing and reef fishing experience was "legendary", according to them. We saved enough for a barbecue the next day (grouper and snapper) and it was possibly the best tasting fish we had ever experienced. Apparently they made contact with him thru Rubys.

====================
FOR FISHING FROM SHORE- DETAILS: //ambergriscaye.com/message/Forum4/HTML/001859.html
=============

report, what to use, etc: //ambergriscaye.com/message/Forum4/HTML/002260.html

TIPS, guides perspective: //ambergriscaye.com/message/Forum4/HTML/002292.html

B
B
I agree with Marty. I had made reservations for a friend who visited San Pedro and he only had praises for Ramon Guerrero. I highly recommend him or his brother.

Some of our party went with Vince Dawson, and it was also "legendary", according to them

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 143 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.