BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
MamieB Offline OP
OP Offline
M
There was a great Italian restaurant on Caye Caulker called Sandro's Take Away. We ate there almost every day for a week in March 2010, and again in February 2011. From Trip Advisor reviews, it looks like someone else took over the business sometime between March and June, because people started talking about breakfast being served and the owners being a couple from Switzerland. Now the restaurant is called Sandro's Piccolo Cucina and it has moved to a new spot in Caye Caulker.

I would seriously travel anywhere to eat Sandro's food. I just have no idea where he went. If anyone knows, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks.

R
ron Offline
R
Sandro is still Sandro. He moved from a rental place to his own place. He is Swiss but Italian Swiss. He still a great cook.

M
MamieB Offline OP
OP Offline
M
The Sandro we met was from Modena, Italy. He came to Belize to fish, with his girlfriend Ildi, and opened his restaurant around 2009. In 2010 he was fairly busy, but in 2011, his place was constantly jammed with customers. He seemed happier with the slower pace, and we had the feeling he would not be there much longer. I wish I could post a photo so you could tell me if this is the same Sandro!

R
ron Offline
R
Pretty sure its the same guy. He originally came to Belize to fish. The take out place he had on the beach he used as a fishing tackle place. He then shifted to doing take out dinners which was good for about a year. He shifted to doing breakfasts where is nephew ran the place and he did little of the work. He closed that place to buy and build his new place on back street which is painted orange. His nephew and nephews wife work there and Sandro and his lady friend do the cooking. I don't need you to send a picture it is the same guy.

C
C
we are here on caye caulker now...Sandros opened a new place but the food is as fantastic as it was 2 years ago when we last visited!!! His lasagna is soooo good!!!

M
MamieB Offline OP
OP Offline
M
That's great news! Here's a really quick video inside the original Sandro's (my husband was trying to figure out how to use the camera) ... shows Sandro and Ilde behind the counter. Before we buy our tickets to come, can someone verify that this is the Sandro who is still there??

R
ron Offline
R
yes it is.

M
MamieB Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks, Ron! I am very glad to hear that he is still there.

C
C
Sandros new restaurant is just awesome....he put alot of work into it....

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day