Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#436856 04/30/12 04:41 PM
G
gaild Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Sorry to revisit this but have just returned from sailing in Placencia's Cays and am smitten by the pink Fanta tonic water! Does anyone know where we could get this in the UK please?
Thanks

Ha! I know, my wife wondered wth she was getting when she asked for a tall GT and something looking like a Pink Caddy came sliding her way...color aside its a decent tonic water. Not sure that it is made for anything other than domestic consumption in CA but it's worth a go to ask

They colored the tonic water so you can tell the difference from soda water when the bottle caps rust and you can't read them. They have better caps now and not all the tonic is colored.

I always thought the pink version of the Fanta tonic water had bitters in it. That's a common drink -- gin, or rum, and tonic with bitters.

Pink Gin (gin, typically Plymouth gin) with tonic water and a couple of dashes of Angostura bitters is a classic drink in England.

But bywarren is right -- some Belize Fanta tonic water is clear and some is pink. Bartenders sometimes give you soda water when you ask for tonic water, and vice versa.

E
E
bywarren is ALWAYS right.

They also have different colored bottle caps for tonic and soda now. So as long as you have a bartender that is not color blind or can read, you have a good chance of getting what you ordered.

Bin & Gitters...

O
ODE Offline
O
Tonic water in the states has some quinine in it and is suppose to help with leg cramps. So the GT will help you keep on dancing! Not sure if the Fanta brand has quinine in it. 6 more sleeps and I can read the ingredients myself!

G
gaild Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks all!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 294 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.