Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#43687 - 09/01/01 06:34 PM DONT FORGET...!! I need, I don`t need
Bernd Offline
44 more days I`m heading down and stay for 6 month in a unknown Paradiese. If I moved from one to another place it is easy, don`t forget anything, but for 6 month? I think for a men it is not easy at all!!?? Can I take my PC with me? I really don`t like to work on my Notebook. A lot of more questions. What I need, what I don`t need I know the AC Community / Boardmember will help me out.Think mcjennyfer has the same problems.
Thanks Bernd

#43688 - 09/01/01 07:22 PM Re: DONT FORGET...!! I need, I don`t need
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
If you're just coming by yourself, there's really very little other than personal effects you need to bring, other than lots of money. If you are a reader, you might bring a supply of books, as bookstores in Belize are almost non-existent and libraries are not exactly well stocked.

Unless you are setting up permanent or semi-permanent housekeeping, you can get most anything you want in San Pedro or Belize City (Belize City is cheaper for most everything, and the stores have a much broader selection.)

You can import your computer with no duty.

--Lan Sluder

Belize books and publications by Lan Sluder:
Belize First Magazine http://www.belizefirst.com/
Fodor's Belize and Guatemala Guide
Belize First Guide to Mainland Belize
Adapter Kit: Belize
Fodor's UpClose Central America
Belize Book of Lists 2000
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#43689 - 09/01/01 09:07 PM Re: DONT FORGET...!! I need, I don`t need
Florian Offline
If you are a diver and you use the 3-ring type binder, you need to bring pleanty of extra blank pages. There are none to be had on AC. I don't think there are any in Belize. I hate how my logbook is real neat for a couple of hundred dives then gets all 'cut and tape' in the middle of my trip to Belize.

On the trip down you will notice returning locals wearing several hats one on top of the other. Take the clue.

You will have the River Runner type sandals you bring with you, and only those.

ISP service in Belize is 'by the hour'. Like AOL was before the internet. Kiss unlimited internet access goodbye. All you need is your laptop for mail and such. You won't be playing any Quake III.

For six months, if it won't go in a suitcase, you probably won't need it.

[This message has been edited by Florian (edited 09-01-2001).]

#43690 - 09/01/01 11:14 PM Re: DONT FORGET...!! I need, I don`t need
diveron Offline
Definatly bring a thermal mug!!!! and lots of cash!

#43691 - 09/02/01 11:07 AM Re: DONT FORGET...!! I need, I don`t need
silkpainter Offline
I brought my CPU with me and then got a monitor here (some kind soul gave me one). Although I didn't buy from him, Chris, at Island Internet retails hardware. Before leaving the U.S. I had considered cannibalizing my computer parts and having them reassembled in Belize in a new case, but opted to bring the whole thing intact. Fultec is a fairly decent computer place in Belize City.
If you're female, bring lots of underware, If you're plus size male or female there is no place to buy those sizes in SP, and I haven't seen them in BC either.
Good comfy sturdy sandles
If you bring a printer, bring TONS of inkjet cartridges and the special paper for it. They are about 300% higher here, IF you can get them for your model.
-Lee Vanderwalker-Alamina

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Marty), 28 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,636 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,719 Topics
461,263 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.