Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
OP Offline
D
With all the horror stories of developments on AC that took forever, had shady developers, went BK during construction, or were sold multiple times and owners who are still waiting for even the basics for their payment....

Any developments that seem to have gone well, from start to finish? Developers that actually started on infrastructure before all down payments were collected..etc. Developers with a proven track record here on the island that can just build, and they will come?

I'd like to hear some of the Feel Good Stories. And names of course.

Opinions?

DC

my building was built in only 6 months from start to finish and was pretty custom with pool and all...so i think mine went well

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by pirate villas
my building was built in only 6 months from start to finish and was pretty custom with pool and all...so i think mine went well

Nice.
I sent you a PM Pirate Villas

Anyone know who the developer of Grande Caribe was?

What about the developers behind Sandy Point Resorts/Southwind Properties ?

DC

Yes Grand Caribe was built with no problems and was funded and has even expanded to the neighbouring lots now.

Miramar Villas - same developers as Grand Caribe.

Pelican Reef Villas and Athens Gate

Tara Del Sol and Tara Del Mar

There is actually a really long list.

As with any real estate deal, buyers just need to ensure that they engage a knowledgeable realtor that has a vested interest in advising a buyer what is right for the buyer - not what the realtor can make a quick buck on. The realtor needs to know the developer's track record, the possible pitfalls etc. etc. Sometimes a buyer will enter into a higher risk property purchase and that can go one of two ways, disaster and loss of investment or enjoying a great condo or face a great appreciation on their investment.

There are scores of properties that my company never represented due to concerns of completion but there are many that we have successfully represented and the buyers, developers, sellers and agents ended up living happily ever after....

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Amanda Syme
Yes Grand Caribe was built with no problems and was funded and has even expanded to the neighbouring lots now.

Miramar Villas - same developers as Grand Caribe.

Pelican Reef Villas and Athens Gate

Tara Del Sol and Tara Del Mar

There is actually a really long list.

As with any real estate deal, buyers just need to ensure that they engage a knowledgeable realtor that has a vested interest in advising a buyer what is right for the buyer - not what the realtor can make a quick buck on. The realtor needs to know the developer's track record, the possible pitfalls etc. etc. Sometimes a buyer will enter into a higher risk property purchase and that can go one of two ways, disaster and loss of investment or enjoying a great condo or face a great appreciation on their investment.

There are scores of properties that my company never represented due to concerns of completion but there are many that we have successfully represented and the buyers, developers, sellers and agents ended up living happily ever after....

Thank you Amanda.
I purchase my already built condo, but have never been through the "process" of a bare sand to built structure experience.

I have been hearing stories interesting stories of many new developments in some prime areas of North AC,( NOT GBE) and I am trying to get some inside information on the "good guys", when it comes to to responsible development.

DC

The sandy point guys have produced some nice projects including coco beach and Belizean coves, but they have taken a long time to complete. I don't know if they will improve their timing with their new project.

If you want to purchase property on AC please use one of the many professional Realtors on the Island........not someone that you happen to meet in a bar that is trying to make a quick buck!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
The most established, long time residents that have a vested interest on the island, who also own homes on the caye and are raising families on the island that own real estate companies and are agents and brokers in the real estate industry belong to the www.mlsambergriscaye.com group.

Sure there are a handful of realtors that do not belong to the group that are just as professional, committed and vested, but to be sure choose wisely.

Basic questions you should think about - how long has my agent lived on the island, does he own property or does he rent, do I think he will still be here 5 years from now? Is he sugar coating anything? Does it sound too good to be true?

It is fun to party and wine and dine with folks, but can they also act responsibly on your behalf when you are spending your hard earned money?

Do you only see dollars signs in their eyes when you discuss property with your agent?

Is your agent listening to your questions and acknowledging your budget and your needs?

Are they willing to recommend a good banker, attorney and accountant?

Will they hold your hand when you build a house or start a business or need to enroll your kids in school?

K
K
LOL Sounds like there must be some genuine competition in the Real Estate business these days.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Loansum-Al K
If you want to purchase property on AC please use one of the many professional Realtors on the Island........not someone that you happen to meet in a bar that is trying to make a quick buck!

As I stated, I HAVE purchased property on AC...I was more asking about BIG developers, and which ones have made a name for themselves.In a good way.

DC

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.