Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#43739 09/04/01 12:18 PM
B
bbnx Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Just returned from our first trip to AC... Just wanted to leave "report-card" on our experience. There are two resorts noted since Morgans was closed our first night (due to Chantal) and we stayed at Sundiver for one evening.

Sundiver Beach Resort - including Tazmara, Hugo, Michael and Mark. Grade = A++ Excellent! Considering that our arrival at Sundiver was not expected and they assisted Morgans by taking us in for a night.... Everyone there definitely went beyond what we expected. The next time we travel to AC, we will be staying at Sundiver!

Captain Morgans - Grade = C, Not what we expected... Nuff said.

Southwind Properties - Grade = A, Rashell is the s**t! Thank-You Rick/Cheri for recommending her!

HolChan Shark Ray Alley - Grade = A

Robles Snorkeling - Grade = A

Fishing with Pedro Graniel - Grade = A+, His number is 0262584.

Robles lunch and snorkeling with Jose Gonsalez - Grade = A+, His number is 501262344.

Fidos - Grade = B, (we went to MANY different places to eat / bars, however, I can't remember ANY of the names except Fidos. One too many Belikins... or perhaps one too few!

Belikins - Grade = A++

Panty Rippers - Grade = A++

Tropic Air - Grade = B

Northwest/Continental - Grade = D

Overall AC Experience - Grade = A+++++ We will be back, hopefully as property owners. The best vacation we have experienced!

Cya!

#43740 09/04/01 12:24 PM
A
A
I like your grading system! It sounds like you guys had a really great time, despite the minor diversion from Chantal! I suppose you don't want to elaborate on your experience at Captain Morgan's?

Did you see Turnbun and her wedding party?

#43741 09/04/01 12:43 PM
B
bbnx Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I would rather not get into too much detail concerning Morgans. It was OK, however, we ended up comparing everything there to Sundiver which ended up being tough on Morgans. Sundiver was much closer to what we expected in both accommodations and the overall treatment we received. Tazmara and crew at Sundiver made us feel as though we had other accommodation options on the island (which we all do...) and they went out of their way to make us feel at home etc. so that we would return.... We never had that feeling at Morgans.

Yes, we had the opportunity to toss a few back with Turnbun and party. We left on Saturday, however, so never did see the wedding, which I believe, was on Sunday? Definitely, a fun bunch!

#43742 09/04/01 01:46 PM
KC Offline
bbnx,
Thanks for that report. I am wondering about your D-grade for Continental. They got an F- from me on our last trip. I finally sent them a 3-page letter to customer service last week. I won't be flying with them again unless they satisfy my complant. I'll pay more to fly with American or TACA. Heck, I'll take a bus there before I fly with them again. We'll see what they have to say.

Glad you liked Sundiver, since they are our neighbor. We like their beach palapa for a little afternoon refreshment. [Linked Image]

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#43743 09/04/01 02:10 PM
A
A
KC-

I had to laugh when you said you'd pay extra to travel on American. For those of you that don't remember my nightmare travels to Belize a few months back, AA cancelled my flight to Bze City and sent me a day late, lost my luggage for the entire duration of my trip and then left an entire plane full of people waiting for 3 hours without food or beverage while a team of technicians fixed a problem on the wing (this on my return flight home). I vowed NEVER to fly this airline again and let them know it in my own 3 page letter.

They did take a long to settle my claim (3 months!) but I was reimbursed for my lost luggage and they gave me a 500.00 voucher for my troubles. One bit of advise I can offer for those of you that encounter this situation, don't lose your cool no matter how bad you want to! I was as pleasant as I could be and acknowledged that "these things happen" even though I wanted to rant and rave. Good luck when dealing wiht your arlines, but try the "more flies with honey" approach first. If that fails....give 'em hell!

#43744 09/04/01 02:15 PM
B
bbnx Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Continental completely messed up our return trip. I had called and confirmed our seats TWICE in the months leading up to the trip. When we checked in at Belize on our way home, we were informed that one of us had a seat and one of us did not. The Continental girl at the airport in Belize tried to call Continental in Houston, however, could not get thru..... She ASSURED us that by the time we arrived in Houston that the problem would be resolved..... NOT! They did not have any idea of why I was expecting two tickets although I had the confirmation emails in my hand! To make a LONG story short, we FINALLY convinced the ticket person to HELP us and she gave us another seat. (wow....thanks) Of course, this took a LONG time and we needed to run thru the airport and just barely made our flight.

I travel extensively and it NEVER ceases to amaze me how callous some of the airline ticket agents can be... They did not give a crap that we were about to miss our flight due to their mistake. It means nothing to most of them. Oh well... the joy of traveling!

#43745 09/04/01 02:51 PM
KC Offline
...and I read somewhere that they were voted #1 in customer service??? Since my story is 3 pages long, I won't elaborate. Suffice it to say that the ticket agents in PDX were rude and WRONG and nearly ruined our trip. My advice is to always take names and get everything in writing.

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#43746 09/04/01 04:20 PM
Well, it's not related to AC, but I've had horror stories with United & Delta, and just about every other major airline, too. All airlines have glitches from time to time. I flew Continental on my last trip to AC (and will again next week) and have never had a problem with them. Better luck next time (if there is a next time with you & continental)!

#43747 09/04/01 05:41 PM
KC Offline
Whether there is a next time with me and Continental will depend on their response. I cannot risk again getting the same arrogant idiot behind the counter in PDX. I know that no airline is perfect. I've given them the chance to make it right. We'll see how they respond.

Kathy

#43748 09/04/01 09:48 PM
KC Offline
AC Beach Bum -- Well, your "American" experience sounds pretty nasty! If Continental gives me a ticket back to paradise, all will be forgiven! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] But if they give me any **** ......... [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Kathy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 281 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.