Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#438089 - 05/16/12 04:28 PM Mailing a Package From Belize
BrusselSprout Offline
Does anyone have experience? I know it is EXPENSIVE! Can you get a tracking number? Or is that not possible. Is it just regular mail or nothing? Thanks.

#438090 - 05/16/12 04:44 PM Re: Mailing a Package From Belize [Re: BrusselSprout]
Amanda Syme Offline
Yes you can get a tracking number. You can send a letter by post to the US with a 3 day guarantee for $50 that comes with a tracking number.

If you send a letter regular post but registered with a tracking number it takes about 10 days but if the letter is lost you can't track until it has been lost for 30 days ( I am pretty sure that is the deal.)

You can send a letter by FEDEX at Tropic Air - takes about 4 days to the US and can be tracked. Cost around $80

And packages/boxes etc just cost more based on DIM.

#438136 - 05/17/12 01:49 AM Re: Mailing a Package From Belize [Re: BrusselSprout]
BrusselSprout Offline
It's a package...empty beer cans to send to Portugal. Curious how much this is going to cost me. Will run to PO tomorrow...and let you know! Fedex would cost a fortune I'm sure!

#438152 - 05/17/12 02:16 PM Re: Mailing a Package From Belize [Re: BrusselSprout]
tacogirl Offline
Another option is to send it stateside with someone and a few bucks and get it mailed from there.

Price they charge you depends on what it is, no Idea what they would think of empty beer cans. I was told once at the post office that t-shirts will cost more than news papers to mail.

#438167 - 05/17/12 02:57 PM Re: Mailing a Package From Belize [Re: BrusselSprout]
BrusselSprout Offline
That's a good idea...I'll test this out and then might do that going forward!

#438199 - 05/17/12 06:51 PM Re: Mailing a Package From Belize [Re: BrusselSprout]
BrusselSprout Offline
Not as bad as I thought. The box of empty beer cans weighs 700 grams. $35 bzd for no tracking number to Portugal. $62 for a number.

#438213 - 05/17/12 08:26 PM Re: Mailing a Package From Belize [Re: BrusselSprout]
Diane Campbell Offline
Sending empty beer cans to Portugal ...... I knew the Euro-zone was in trouble, but this is positively heartrending.
Right up there with the drive to send vowels to Serbia back in the 90's.

#438245 - 05/18/12 12:42 AM Re: Mailing a Package From Belize [Re: Diane Campbell]
BeBelize Offline
So, did you go with the no tracking number option? If so, I wonder if they will make it there. Is the person you collected these for paying for shipping (I hope)?

Thanks for the report -- you will have to let us know if/when they arrive in Portugal. That's quite a distance!

#438247 - 05/18/12 12:51 AM Re: Mailing a Package From Belize [Re: BrusselSprout]
SnowWhite5080 Offline
WOW!!! I didn't know that mailing a letter would cost $50. So much for birthday cards to the kids.

#438248 - 05/18/12 12:59 AM Re: Mailing a Package From Belize [Re: SnowWhite5080]
BeBelize Offline
Originally Posted By: SnowWhite5080
WOW!!! I didn't know that mailing a letter would cost $50. So much for birthday cards to the kids.

That is for FedEx...maybe for legal documents or something that is SUPER DUPER important. I can't imagine!

For "regular" mail, you can send a card to the US for something like $2.20 BZD at the post office. Yes, it takes two weeks, but if you plan ahead, no problem. We sent Christmas cards and birthday cards this way. And the Belize stamps are really pretty!

Emily

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (Debbie and Curtis, 2 invisible), 48 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,062 Topics
462,318 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.