Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
OP Offline
C
In october, my wife and I will be staying on ambergris caye, most likely just north of the bridge for 6 months. This will be our second time doing this, loved the first time and have been aching to get back. We had bikes when we were there, and that was fine for getting around, but picking up soda and water from the distributor is hard on a bike, and groceries too. So does any one know of any way to get ahold of a golf cart without having to pay over $1000 USD a month for it? That seems to be what cholos and island carts wants to charge per month. I'm not a resident though. Yet. This may be the trip where we stay for 12 months so that we can apply for residency. But it would be nice to have a cart curing the 6 to 12 month for those times we need it. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

How about having someone deliver or buy yourself a backpack.

T
T
Beer, water, and soda can be ordered and dropped at your dock. Coastal Express runs up and down all day/all night. Neighbors are often nice enough to let you borrow the cart for a day. Village Market is across the street from Reef Village. Mata Grande groceries and Captain Morgan's Store is further north. Agua Dulce delivers by road north of the bridge. Taxi's run as far as Terraza's, it seems that any other vehicle does too...

Why not buy a used cart?

Got to get a permit first and that might be hard, possibly impossible, for someone just on vacation.

Staying on Ambergris for a year and can't buy a used cart? Wowser!

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks for all the advice everyone. We did frequent village market a lot when we were there, and i'll definitely look into the delivery. And yes, i would love to buy a cart, but i know how the town council is about permits, and because i'm not a resident, i won't be able to get a permit. i'll make due somehow. seeya soon ambergris!

To my limited knowledge, you do not have to be a resident to get a golf cart permit. I wasn't when I got mine, but trust me, you will be spending half, if not more, of your vacation in frustration going through the process. You have to obtain a Belize driver's license and then..........."don't stop the carnival" begins. Don't know how it is now, but it was that way when I got my golf car permit about four years ago. Made at least a dozen or so trips to the permit office and that's when they were located in the DFC area....hell you needed a Cat D5 to travel those roads back then.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Yeah, the Town Council has really limited the number of golf cart and vehicle permits over the years. That's why there is so little traffic on the island!

Gimme a break!

R
R
Village market will deliver for free. They sell beer, water ect. and they do cost a little more but not very much. Certainly not as much as renting a cart. That should work well for the heavy items you buy.

If you have a bike you can carry the other items that they don't have.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.