Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
At Your Expense....

ATLANTIC BANK HITS SMALL SAVING ACCOUNT HOLDERS WITH NEW TAX, OR SERVICE CHARGE. Imagine my surprise last week, when out on Caye Caulker I went to get $200 out of my account for living expenses. My home is out WEST in the twin towns. Like most ATLANTIC BANK small savings customers, most husbands and wives have a joint account. Often one works somewhere else in the country and returns on weekends, or thereabouts. My wife at home keeps the savings passbook, as she has to meet the house living expenses. I ran short of cash and went to the local branch of Atlantic Bank on the island and was told this time around, that a penalty was being charged for not having the passbook with me. In order to take out $200 I would have to pay a FEE of $6.05. Well they had my back against the wall. I only had $2 in my pocket. Needed my money, so accepted the service charge. There was no other change. Same look up the account on the computer, same withdrawal slip and signature. Same photo I.D. and no problem. Just that my small needs cost me $6.05 extra. If I had known I would have taken out a few hundred more. I´m hoping I can hang on long enough for the next visit from my wife out here at the island and she can bring me a few hundred dollars. The bank being a bit expensive to use. Makes you wonder what is going on in the banking circles in Belize? Friendly banks seem to be a thing of the past and the bottom line profit seems to rule the roost nowadays.

Ray Auxillou

There is some CRAZY shit going on in Belize LOL

My answer to that would be Errrrr OK give me ALL MY MONEY and close my account and I will find a bank that actually wants my business smile

Gaz

S
S
They charge you to close your account...

JZB Offline
They tried to charge me $6.50 to withdraw money because I didn't have a check made out to 'cash'.

B
B
My checking account was looted for over $400.00. During the time it was active I only wrote a few checks to pay some Utility bills. I never had an ATM card so all transactions were done by either a deposit or writing a check. Should be an easy paper-trail, right? Several "Managers" promised to look into it without coming to a reasonable explanation as to where the funds went or me hearing back from the main office which was promised.
400+ bucks is a not fortune but it was enough for me to be done with Atlantic Bank forever.

Originally Posted by Beachdog
My checking account was looted for over $400.00. During the time it was active I only wrote a few checks to pay some Utility bills. I never had an ATM card so all transactions were done by either a deposit or writing a check. Should be an easy paper-trail, right? Several "Managers" promised to look into it without coming to a reasonable explanation as to where the funds went or me hearing back from the main office which was promised.
400+ bucks is a not fortune but it was enough for me to be done with Atlantic Bank forever.

Looks like another horror story to me guys.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.