Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Turnbun Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Ok, to sum it all up, here's the nutsell version of our trip:

SunDiver - beautiful property, great pool, beach bar, rooms, restaurant, service (Michael and Hugo were GREAT!). We got off to a rocky start at first with the room-switching, but all in all a wonderful experience. Tazmara and the gang went above and beyond the call of duty to make our wedding extra special! Some of us liked being that far north, others didn't. Just a matter of whether you like to take a boat to get to town. I enjoyed that, but saw the advantages of staying in town as well. I'd recommend SunDiver to anyone!!! Loved it!

Hustler Tours - Class Act! Especially Larry. If you get a change to dive with him, do it (so says Joe). Their catamaran is a must-do! Rubio and Steve were great sailors!

Parasailing off Fido's Dock: Just do it!

Celi's deli - hearty home-cookin'.

Elvi's - really enjoyed the coconut shrimp. Good service and atmosphere, too.

Fido's - good location, food not so good, overpriced. Great art gallery and jewelry shop.

Papi's - I didn't get a chance to go, but everyone our group who went said it was the BEST! Several people went back a second time it was so good.

Searious adventure tours - my family used them to go to Altun Ha (Joe and I didn't go), and they said it was GREAT!!!!

Kay Scott - took some GREAT photos although I asked her not to shoot my profile, and I got several pictures back with my profile (I understand it's very hard to NEVER take a profile picture, though, and overall, I'm VERY pleased with the pictures!).

Iraida Gonzales - very sweet and took very good care of us (she's the wedding coordinator). We didn't have to worry about a thing!

Lynde from La Diosa Spa near Victoria House - GO SEE HER! She will make all your troubles and cares melt away in seconds!!

The Weather -- PERFECT!!! Hardly any bugs at all, and only a couple of very quick (5 minute) rain showers.

Cayo - Beautiful, lush, green, hot and humid, friendly people.
Martha's - cheap, clean place to rest a weary toured-out head
Tikal - awesome, but TAKE A GUIDE! We were advised to do it on our own by our tour operator, and I think that was just so he could keep more money in his pocket. I wish we would have taken a guide.
Five Sisters - great, relaxing, good service by the staff. The bartender/waiter (we were the only guests there!) was so sweet!
Bus from Belize City to San Ignacio and back: best value -- $5US for BOTH of us to ride!

Overall trip -- EXCELLENT, WONDERFUL, AWESOME, PERFECT!!! I can't wait to go back, especially to Ambergris Caye (I realized this trip I am definitely a beach person - I could have spent the whole time on AC and been perfectly happy!)

Thanks to everyone for all the advice you gave - it really helped us plan our trip!!

I miss AC already!!

Sounds like you had a great time!

and I also want to take this opportunity to welcome you to the "I miss AC already" club! lol

N
N
It sounds like everything went great! I can't wait to see the pictures of the wedding. Congratulations to the both of you!
(P.S. Didn't you love the Rose ceremony?)

B
B
Turnbun....

Glad it all worked out for you! It was a pleasure to meet you and your crew. I agree with your comments on weather/bugs. The single biggest surprise of our trip was definitely the LACK of bugs. We brought enough Deet with us to give the entire population of AC a spray, however, never needed the stuff. The wind blew 24/7.

Y
Y
Okay, what is the rose ceremony? Is this something I must have?
Turnbun- I forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

T
Turnbun Offline OP
OP Offline
T
The rose ceremony was so beautiful! I loved it! We are going to incorporate the advice into our marriage for sure.
Ybon - the rose ceremony is a very special part of Rev. Cloud's wedding ceremony that is a surprise - you just decide if you want to do it. If you do use Rev. Cloud (remember my advice, though, he's sick and it was touch and go whether he could perform the ceremony which caused some stress), for sure do the rose ceremony. It was beautiful!

B
B
Turnbun,
Is Rev. Cloud very sick??
He was one of the nicest people I've ever met....I hope he's okay.

J
J
Turnbun,

Your pictures were beautiful! What kink of flowers did you have in your hair? In your Bouquet?

T
Turnbun Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I believe the flowers were called "frangiapane" or something like that. I'm pretty sure they are a common indigenous flower in Belize, so anyone should know what they are. Not only were they so pretty, but they smelled SO GOOD!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.