Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#439192 05/29/12 09:03 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Long time resident of San Pedro, Lori Purdy, is in need of everyone's support. She has had a serious injury with a slip and fall during the rain and has suffered a broken hip. Airlifted Monday to Belize the orthopedic surgeon has confirmed surgery is necessary to put pins in her hip. She is currently in traction.
Efforts to find 3 pints of blood donation to the hospital as a pre-requiste of surgery has been an extreme effort, however, close friends have agreed to fly to Belize City in the morning for blood donation. Currently we have 2 donors and are pleading for a 3rd to come forward.
Over and above that we are accepting donations for Lori's medical bills and return transportation back to the Island. Donations can be dropped off with Katita Marin at Pampered Paws (226-2227), Middle Street in San Pedro. Alternatively Nancy Rountree can accept donations (662-1220) to forward to Pampered Paws.
For everyone who has already supported efforts to assist Lori, as friends we thank you. Please continue to share the need for additional support.
Speaking for Lori, thank you to all my friends.

S
S
Do you know what blood type?

S
OP Offline
S
No, I'm just the poster. Check with Cathy

S
S
From Amanda:

Even if your blood type doesn't match the blood bank will "credit" the patient with a pint. Lori F. Purdy needs 3 pints and has pledges for 2 pints. Anybody in Belize City able to donate a pint of blood tomorrow? Thanks! Please pass the word around. The blood bank is always in need of donations as blood can only be stored for a few months before it must be destroyed.

C
C
The Blood bank does not always credit blood, as with alot of things in Belize it all depends, what day, who is in charge etc. Twice friends of mine have gone to give blood to different friends. One time 5 people went over and were told the patient already got his blood. The 5 people said they would give to put in the blood bank and they were all told no thanks, so they left scratching thiers heads in confusement. Sader story of a group of people going over to give to someone else, this person also needing 3 pints, with4 people going and only 1 person with matching type. They took the blood from the one person, the other two thought they could give blood in exchange for the right type, they were also told no, and they did not even want thier blood for any type of blood bank, thier blood was tested clean. I for the life of me dont understand why they dont take donors blood to hold for emergencies, if its just because the lab people were off that day or what. The 2nd person actually died. So if you can find the blood type and get folks to go with that type it seems safer. I cant give blood, my heart goes out to you all.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Type O blood can be donated to any other blood type. Please help if you can.

I just spoke to Katia from Pampered Paws. Lori is scheduled for surgery today at Heusner. They are going to have to put a pin in her hip, there will be a long recovery.

There will be a fundraiser coming soon, but in the meantime, donations can be dropped off at Pampered Paws. She really needs the help...

Lori was staying where Tom from Fido's lived, and was helping out with some dogs. Thank Goodness she didnt fall down the same stairs that claimed Tom, but she did fall just near the bottom as she was trying to hop over a puddle.

Will update you after her surgery this afternoon. Please send healing thoughts....

Thanks for the update Lara.

UPDATE: Just received a text from Katia. The surgery has been postponed until Friday.

Why? (insert worried face here)

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.