Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#439424 - 06/01/12 12:29 AM Are electric smart cars legal on amerbris caye
eyeluvbelize Offline
Was wondering if small electric smart cars are legal on the island? What is the largest legal car allowed?

#439441 - 06/01/12 02:29 AM Re: Are electric smart cars legal on amerbris caye [Re: eyeluvbelize]
Ernie B Offline
Crawl back under your rock

#439454 - 06/01/12 04:35 AM Re: Are electric smart cars legal on amerbris caye [Re: eyeluvbelize]
Amanda Syme Offline
I don't think a smart car could navigate the potholes, the mud puddles or the speed bumps unfortunately.

#439539 - 06/02/12 12:08 AM Re: Are electric smart cars legal on amerbris caye [Re: eyeluvbelize]
Rachael Eteson Offline
I think that's a perfectly reasonable question if one was considering living south of town where the roads are paved, as they are throughout the majority of town. They have a lot of those cars in England and there are plenty of puddles and speed bumps there. If these things were available with air conditioning then I think this is a great alternative to a golf cart for town dwellers who have no aspiration to go beyond the bridge.

#439540 - 06/02/12 12:15 AM Re: Are electric smart cars legal on amerbris caye [Re: eyeluvbelize]
Noelle Offline
In the US I had a Neighborhood Electric vehicle called a Kurrent. It was great but I'm pretty sure Smart Cars are not electric. Unless they have just come out with one in the past few months.

#439544 - 06/02/12 02:00 AM Re: Are electric smart cars legal on amerbris caye [Re: Noelle]
Ernie B Offline
The question was posted by a TROLL !

#439545 - 06/02/12 02:05 AM Re: Are electric smart cars legal on amerbris caye [Re: eyeluvbelize]
Bear Offline
The ForTwo is electric, only about 250 vehicles will be available to the US market. It recharges best with 220v and weighs just over a ton, yes a ton. I dont know about the durability of the vehicle in the environment on the Caye.

#439549 - 06/02/12 04:11 AM Re: Are electric smart cars legal on amerbris caye [Re: Noelle]
SnowWhite5080 Offline
Originally Posted By: Noelle
In the US I had a Neighborhood Electric vehicle called a Kurrent. It was great but I'm pretty sure Smart Cars are not electric. Unless they have just come out with one in the past few months.

I own a Smart Car (Passion) here in CO. You're correct though, it is gas only. We get 46 mpg in the city here and love it but, have been told by customs we can't bring it. My husband feels it wouldn't do well on the roads in AC, too low on the clearance.

The reason I like it over an electric car is my friends who are firemen have issues with the electric cars and getting people out of them once they are in a crash and people are hard to get out of them.

#439550 - 06/02/12 04:17 AM Re: Are electric smart cars legal on amerbris caye [Re: SnowWhite5080]
Rykat Offline
problem getting a 250 lb "lady" outta the glove box? laugh

#439553 - 06/02/12 05:31 AM Re: Are electric smart cars legal on amerbris caye [Re: Ernie B]
Bear Offline
Originally Posted By: Ernie B
The question was posted by a TROLL !

sic 'em!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 54 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,062 Topics
462,318 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.