Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#440341 06/12/12 02:50 AM
S
SteveAZ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hey all, my apologies in advance that some of this is repetitive.

We have a party of 8 that will be arriving later this week. We are staying for a week and a half are looking to do a lot of things.

First we're stay a mile north of town and would like to find a dive shop that is in close proximity to get established with as we'd like to do some guided dives but are also interested in renting tanks, bcds, regs, and flag if possible for some shore dives if it's any good. If that's the case, we'll obviously need refills so the closer the better.

I and a few others are also interested in doing some spearfishing if anyone can recommend somebody.

Some of us would also like to give kite boarding a shot so again another recommendation would be great as we'll need equipment and lessons but all are well experienced boarders or surfers.

And last but not least, fishing...we're looking to do a day or two of that as well...probably just reef.

I've seen lots of recommendations on this site for diving and fishing, but I'd like to simplify things as much as possible and thus ask for your assistance. Consequently my apologies for what I'm sure is a post you're all tired of seeing.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve, the lobster festival is kicking into gear on the 15th so there will be some events going on each day. Shore diving is not an option here. It is too shallow, lots of boat traffic and nothing in the turtle grass that you can't enjoy with just a snorkel and mask. Kite surfing - go to Caribbean villas, to Sail sports Belize. Fishing, whew lots of choice. If you hook up with a small local operation you are more likely to find some guys that will let you spear fish with them. Reef fishing is very rewarding.

Have lots of fun. Be safe. Learn and obey the rules of the sea as the boat traffic can be a problem close to shore.

Personally, I don't get tired of the kind of questions you have asked. Amanada has done a good job of answering. Do you have any other specific queries?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Can not help with the dive part
but fishing go to www.fishingsanpedro.com he can help with the rest my buddy Steve provides a service for local guides
he can book them for you try ERIC on the Uprising do combo
trip .he is super nice guy and was a diver so the best of both worlds enjoy your time here ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
S
S
Hi Steve,

I'm the owner of the kitesurfing schools in San pedro, Kitexplorer, there's good wind for kiting so just send us an email at [email protected] to let us know how many people; and when you wanna do it and we will make it happen!
Please note that Caribbean villas, Sail sports Belize does not offer kitesurfing service anymore as they running out of instructors and gear, but it's definitely a good place for windsurf and hobbie cat.
Also we are located north of town as well so we can provide courses close from where you ll stay or organize a pick up for the regular location, check this link

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0935.125388740361&type=3&theater

Cheers,

www.kitexplorer.com

C
C
SailSports at CaribbeanVillas does give kitesurfing instructons, Paul, the owner is a certified instructor. sabrina is giving false information!!

S
SteveAZ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hey all,

Thanks for the replies...yes, we're fully aware of Lobsterfest, half of our party has been there before and chose the dates accordingly. I'm sure we'll be participating in many of the events.

Thanks Jeff, I had already checked that site for fishing info...that's you right?

Guess we'll scrap the shore dives and stick with guided trips..thanks.

Is there too much boat traffic in the our area to consider kiteboarding there?

As to the spearfishing...anybody know a guide that specializes in that or does it regularily? We'll need equipment and guidance but only 4 of us are interested and can break it up if that's too many.

Sabrina, I sent you guys an email.

Looks like Caribbean Villas is quite a bit further south but thanks Cracked up.

Thanks again.

S
S
Sorry I must have been misinformed by the previous instructor. Also, several clients told us that they were turned away by Sailsports for various reasons.

Just trying to help,

Sabrina

www.kitexplorer.com

For more info on Lobsterfest events check www.sanpedrolobsterfest.com

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.