Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#441026 - 06/20/12 01:55 PM Hol Chan Shark Ray Alley - New Rules?ut
shuffles Offline
Apparently, without notice, the HCSRA Marine Reserve is now charging residents and Belizeans not born in Belize the $10.00 park fee now. Would be really nice to have this information before you go!

#441027 - 06/20/12 02:28 PM Re: Hol Chan Shark Ray Alley - New Rules?ut [Re: shuffles]
Nick Barton Offline
You are right but it is a good cause!

#441032 - 06/20/12 03:03 PM Re: Hol Chan Shark Ray Alley - New Rules?ut [Re: Nick Barton]
bywarren Offline
Great cause frown That means every tour guide taking groups will have to pay thus increasing the cost. Raising the fishing license fee and departure tax and any other cost they can think of will help Belize to be an even more expensive destination. The only good outcome of this would be if the funds are used to buy bullet proof vests for the Golden Goose.

#441037 - 06/20/12 03:23 PM Re: Hol Chan Shark Ray Alley - New Rules?ut [Re: bywarren]
SimonB Offline
Originally Posted By: bywarren
That means every tour guide taking groups will have to pay thus increasing the cost.

How do you figure that? Almost all tour guides are nationals.

#441038 - 06/20/12 03:25 PM Re: Hol Chan Shark Ray Alley - New Rules?ut [Re: SimonB]
bywarren Offline
OK, every guide not born in Belize. Still a dumb idea.

#441059 - 06/20/12 05:34 PM Re: Hol Chan Shark Ray Alley - New Rules?ut [Re: shuffles]
shuffles Offline
It's not so much about the "paying" it's about not telling anyone (including some tour guides) about it in advance.

#441061 - 06/20/12 05:59 PM Re: Hol Chan Shark Ray Alley - New Rules?ut [Re: shuffles]
bywarren Offline
Yes, be sure and let them know to carry a waterproof copy of their birth certificate along with their tour guide license. Dumb!

#441080 - 06/20/12 10:09 PM Re: Hol Chan Shark Ray Alley - New Rules?ut [Re: shuffles]
Phil Offline
Was there on Monday and didn't get charged while there with family who were.

#441151 - 06/21/12 07:49 PM Re: Hol Chan Shark Ray Alley - New Rules?ut [Re: shuffles]
LaraTravelBelize Offline
can i just say how tired i am of being told i'm not "belizean enough". if i have my citizenship, why would i be permitted, legally, to be treated differently than someone born here? By definition, isnt that what citizenship is...becoming a national and therefore able to enjoy the same rights as everyone else with the same passport?

not to be all "in the states..."...but i cannot think of a single thing a citizen of the US cannot do (besides be president) that any one else cant do.

i find these sort of laws discriminatory and offensive. No, it's not that i dont want to pay the $10, i'll gladly pay, but i do take exception to being a truly second class citizen.
www.lemoncrushbelize.com

#441160 - 06/21/12 08:31 PM Re: Hol Chan Shark Ray Alley - New Rules?ut [Re: LaraTravelBelize]
blat Offline
They finally beat me down at Hol Chan and I gave up and it costs them money.

First time I went in my boat it was
where are your passes,
well, I do not have passes, ...sell me some,
no, sorry you have to buy them down town.

On my next trip, I proudly handed him my passes, he asks,
where is your boat sticker?,

The next time, and this one is my fault, where is your dive flag?

Then the next time I have my passes and my boat sticker, and my dive flag.
where is your guide license?,
a guide I ask, this is just my family I am not guiding?
sorry, you can't come here without a guide.

Screw it, I will go to Tres Coco's, Mexico Rocks, Rocky Point or somewhere else and snorkel.

Still, I would not rather be anywhere else in the world, than on the water off San Pedro.

blat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Marty, wiley), 97 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,674 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,056 Topics
462,297 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.