Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#440826 06/17/12 11:58 AM
OP Offline
Can anyone tell me what is happening at Sapphire Beach? Is everything back up and running on schedule? Does anyone who has bought a condo there have any information on what is happening and whether to buy there? Thanks.

Jan
M
M
We bought at Sapphire. The owners have taken over the project and phase one should be done shortly. if you have further questions go on the web site www.sapphirebeachbz.com and send an email or you can call Justin at 440-666-8932. He can answer all your questions.

A
A
I came across that site some months ago. It looks like a really cool development - I know it's far north, but the beach there looks quite nice. I strongly dislike many of the "high rise" huge complexes I see elsewhere on island. They just don't seem to fit. This looks as if it blends into the environment.

EDIT: Since ppl seem to think I'm running some kind of sales pitch, let me dispel this myth. I simply saw a website and liked the way it looked. I looked at virtually every "higher end" dev on island for our trip and came across several I thought were ugly and huge. I know nothing about this property and honestly would recommend you don't buy beachfront real estate anywhere (especially an unfinished place that has gone belly up), unless you plan to live there FT. Too much salt, too much risk and too many shady characters who get involved in development, management and real estate. So, no, I don't support this development, know nothing about it, and I'm sorry I ever mentioned that I liked the way it looked. I take it back.

Last edited by Alw1977; 06/21/12 01:57 PM. Reason: overly suspicious posters
T
T
Is that the pitch?

A
A
Uh oh, I've been on enough message boards to sense a history... I've never been to AC before (first trip next week, staying at Matachica). I somehow came across that Sapphire website when we were looking at places to stay. Why I don't know because (i) I don't think it's a hotel and (ii) I don't think it was even done (?). I actually just remember liking the thatched roof style (as evidenced by our upcoming stay at Matachica). Got no dog in that fight, no sir. No desire to own tropical real estate, but that's a diff topic for a diff day.

Last edited by Alw1977; 06/20/12 04:22 PM.

Tim I love you,your so sharp. LOL. [SPOT ON MY FRIEND .] looks like a tag team .LOL.you did pick up on that .!!!!

Living The Dream Every Day!
T
T
Sapphire Beach has done a great job in getting the first few buildings completed with beautiful landscaping BUT there is no water,sewage or electrical connections to any of the buildings. There has been very little work done over the past 6 months and the work force is down to about 10 people. It will be a shame if the resort is not completed. It's been 5 years in the process yet, what has been constructed so far has been very well done.

W
W
You have to take a step back and look at what's happened at Sapphire. When the developer was arrested the builder took it upon himself to finish the project WITHOUT bank funding. Everyone knows what 15% interest does to a balance sheet and cash flow so any progress by himself was a feat. He now has partners that are ensuring completion, albeit slowly, but it will be completed because they all own at Sapphire.

Trixie, The utility systems that you quote are either ordered, or onsite, to be connected soon, and the individual units are connected to the central systems, just that the central systems aren't installed. I am not presently involved nor do I have access to timelines but I do know things are being done. That's more than we can say for a lot of in process developments in Belize.

I think the builder needs to be congratulated for stepping up to the plate to continue this great project. I believe we are going to see a turnaround soon in the developments that were halted.

Last edited by wa0vzv; 06/24/12 09:48 PM.
B
B
I know very little about it....but the people now involved seem like very good people. For what it is worth...

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 299 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.