Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#442311 - 07/11/12 11:21 PM Lazy Lizard
NC FREE AGENT Offline
Haven't been tuned in to the CC deal for a while......anybody ever do anything with the LL??

#442318 - 07/12/12 12:54 AM Re: Lazy Lizard [Re: NC FREE AGENT]
klcman Offline
they serve LOTS of beer.........

#442320 - 07/12/12 01:07 AM Re: Lazy Lizard [Re: NC FREE AGENT]
seashell Offline
But not when the power goes out, no matter how big the party. Imagine that . . . too reliant upon the computers and can't serve if power is out. Belize? Wha?

#443883 - 08/03/12 08:15 PM Re: Lazy Lizard [Re: seashell]
artisan Offline
The Lazy Lizard is going strong, in fact people from all over the globe get off the boats asking directions to it.
The last few years the power on CC has rarely gone out, maybe 2-3 times a year for an hour or less.
This would not stop the LL from serving any beer.
They have plenty of it on ice and they do most of their business during the daytime anyway.
Computers?
Have you even been there?
They don't even have WI-FI, it's strictly drink, swim, party.

#444696 - 08/16/12 05:48 PM Re: Lazy Lizard [Re: NC FREE AGENT]
canuck1 Offline
Well I was there Feb March 2012---they expanded the beach on the west side of LL bldg. the beach was expanded on the south east side of bldg in 2011, with sea walls. New upstairs added above bar. Same tunes, same beers, same FUN!!! here's a pic to see the new look.
Lazy Lizard- Caye Caulker

#444718 - 08/17/12 01:57 AM Re: Lazy Lizard [Re: NC FREE AGENT]
Tom Offline
Thanks for the pic have not been over there in a couple of years. It looks great.
Kat

#444732 - 08/17/12 06:01 AM Re: Lazy Lizard [Re: artisan]
seashell Offline
I was just there in July for the Lobsterfest. Power went out and we couldn't get served because the computer cash registers were down. So sorry artisan, that's the way it was/is. Missing the old days when one can always get a beer, power or no power. But yes, the Split is really looking fabulous.

#444735 - 08/17/12 12:34 PM Re: Lazy Lizard [Re: seashell]
MikeD Offline
Funny I was there during the same time period and as always I would go there to have lunch, sip on Belekins all afternoon and pay when I left....all written on a paper tab! I did spend my time downstairs mostly...not a fan of the second floor but it is good for sightseeing if you know what I mean wink

#444746 - 08/17/12 01:39 PM Re: Lazy Lizard [Re: seashell]
artisan Offline
Sorry yourself Seashell, Mike is correct.
I live in the big building on the property and work for the owner.
Emir, who runs the bar, will take cash at any time, tabs are always hand written.
If you only carry plastic then you run the risk of no service anywhere you go in Belize, power outages happen everywhere.

Edited by artisan (08/17/12 01:57 PM)

#444774 - 08/17/12 05:40 PM Re: Lazy Lizard [Re: artisan]
seashell Offline
Sorry MikeD and artisan, that was the way it was on the night I was there, and there's at least 100+ witnesses. Caye Caulker Lobsterfest Saturday night 2012, power went out, no further sales until power restored. Why would I make that up? Had pocketful of cash, I don't do credit cards in Belize except to pay hotel and dive bills.

Here's a witness statement from same night: http://www.sanpedroscoop.com/2012/07/lobsterfest-caye-caulker-2012-very.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,021 Topics
462,212 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day