Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
OP Offline
K
Were moving to Ambergris Caye in September and have been looking at the banking options on the island. Would love to know what everyones opinions of the banks on the island. Likes, dislikes, etc. Can already tell you that Atlantic bank won't be receiving our business, I have emailed them twice and lets just say their communication leaves something to be desired.

Might I suggest you read the link called:
New Bank Account Horror story

C
C
As a Newbie..Well dont out rule Atlantic Bank..you may just be dealing with unique differences..For me living here and having a business Atlantic Bank is the best of what is to offer..

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
C
C
You should contact the bank you want to deal with in advance, Its a bit crazy what they want and not what you would expect. It is doable but things like when they ask you for a Bank referance from your U.S. Bank you would think they want a print out of your last 5 yrs of financial reports..Well thats not what they want. They want Mr. Samual Peteraon the Bank owner to write a letter saying your a nice guy. and on and on..it can drive you crazy but its not that hard. You need personal references, from the local police and on and on..its a list..its simple if you have the list. Atlantic Bank is one of the Best..Leaving something to be desired in Belize, You have to give up the concept of your life as you know it and get on a very simple attitude..or you will fail.

Last edited by Cooper; 07/15/12 12:49 AM.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
E-mailing a bank here for new-business information is unlikely to get you the response you seek. I would not choose a bank in Belize based on that experience.
As Cooper said - bring the info requested, be patient and polite while processing the paperwork. The Central Bank (a bit like the Fed in the US) will ultimately have to approve your account and this part takes a bit of time. If you find all of this unduly inconvenient, contact somebody in the US government - the edicts for such caution originate there.

Visit this site for some useful info; link below. The requirements and needed paperwork can be found on most of the baks websites. I downloaded the forms while still in the states and had everything pre-filled along with the needed paperwork when I went to the particular bank in San Pedro. Belize Bank also wanted a letter of intent for the account and proof of property ownership in Belize. It took about 2 weeks from there to get approval from the Central Bank in Belmopan.

http://www.belizefirst.com/MoneyandBankinginBelize.htm

Dennis

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.