Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#443322 - 07/26/12 03:12 PM Town Council Presentation of Financial Report
Marty Online   happy
TONIGHT!
Thursday, July 26th, 2012 7:30 pm The Lion's Den
The San Pedro Town Council is inviting the general public to the presentation of the financial report of what was handed over on March 9, 2012.

#443518 - 07/29/12 12:52 PM Re: Town Council Presentation of Financial Report [Re: Marty]
Marty Online   happy

The San Pedro Town Council presented the “handed-over” financial report and a progress report on their first 100 days in office.

Mentioned during the meeting were projects that are in the pipeline which include licensing of dogs, licensing of bicycles, major upgrade and facelift of the Ambergris Stadium, new parks for Zaak bajo area, DFC and San Mateo, and major changes in the traffic department.

It was announced that there will changes in regards to parking on Barrier Reef Drive and Pescador Drive. Councilor Kenrick Brackett explained in some detail that there will only be 15 minute parking on both Barrier Reef Drive and Pescador Drive due to the heavy congestion on these streets and only small vehicles such as golf carts and atv’s will be allowed to park on these streets.

Secondly, delivery services will only be allowed to take place between the hours of 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. and all working vehicles (eg: freight trucks) will only be allowed to operate between the hours of 6pm to 6am. All cargo containers must be parked at the Marina located in the DFC as they will no longer be allowed to be anywhere in town.

Major changes are also coming for all golf cart owners as the golf carts will be required to have indicators and taxi will have to downsize as the Jasmine Law comes into effect ALL taxis will have to be painted the same color and all taxi drivers to have proper identification.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the Ambergris Today

#443528 - 07/29/12 03:08 PM Re: Town Council Presentation of Financial Report [Re: Marty]
Loansum-Al K Offline
What do they mean that "golf carts will be required to have indicators"..........what are "indicators" ?

#443529 - 07/29/12 03:09 PM Re: Town Council Presentation of Financial Report [Re: Marty]
klcman Offline
Turn signals & brake lights

#443530 - 07/29/12 03:09 PM Re: Town Council Presentation of Financial Report [Re: Marty]
bywarren Offline
Is there something different in the water now? All of a sudden there is some common sense being shown. grin

#443534 - 07/29/12 03:51 PM Re: Town Council Presentation of Financial Report [Re: Marty]
elbert Offline
Danny is in the mix and says lots of good things, I'm a cynic, it comes with age but so does wisdom and experience, regardless, Its refreshing to hear!

#443541 - 07/29/12 05:09 PM Re: Town Council Presentation of Financial Report [Re: elbert]
Ernie B Offline
Did they not discuss financials ?

#443544 - 07/29/12 05:58 PM Re: Town Council Presentation of Financial Report [Re: Ernie B]
beachbumin Offline
The program to enforce the licensing of dogs and bicycles, no parking for over 15 minutes and golf carts with indicators (wonder who will monitor whether a driver uses them or not) should do a lot to bolster full employment on the island. I agree, lots of pretty words. I guess the financials were in pretty good shape since there must be lots of extra cash to fund these well meaning programs.

#443795 - 08/02/12 05:55 PM Re: Town Council Presentation of Financial Report [Re: Marty]
Diane Campbell Offline
How the heck do you retrofit a golf cart with turn signals?
Do my arms count?

#443796 - 08/02/12 06:02 PM Re: Town Council Presentation of Financial Report [Re: Diane Campbell]
Loansum-Al K Offline
Originally Posted By: Diane Campbell
How the heck do you retrofit a golf cart with turn signals?
Do my arms count?

You can buy a kit that has everything necessary to add turn signals to your cart.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Marty), 53 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,301 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.