Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
jadejar Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Newbie here with 1st time to Ambergris Caye coming up next week. We will be staying at Villas at Banyan Bay just south of San Pedro. Can anyone recommend restaurants/bars near us or our end of San Pedro?

Also, any thoughts on Tropic Ferry service from BZE?

M
M
Banyan Bay has their own restaurant right on the beach (Ricos). Also try El Divino a little south at Banana Beach. Victoria House is a little south of Banana Beach. Then there is Hidden Treasure (Not on the beach).Also try the beach bar Squirrels Nest at Mata Rocks, right next to Banana Beach. Ferry is about an hour and 20 minutes with no bathrooms. Would suggest if their are only 2 of you to take Tropic Air right from the International airport, only a 15 minute flight but more expensive than the ferry. I think about 60 bucks 1 way.

S
S
The taco's at Rico's (for lunch) are really good! And I highly recommend the jerk chicken at Robins Kitchen accross from Royal Palms (once again a lunch stop) And Hidden Treasure was also very good this year (but a little pricey for not on the beach). Banyan Bay is a great location - close to town and all the great restaurants !!

Antojitos is just across the street. Great local eats for great local prices. There is Lion's BBQ very close by and if you go South about a 3 minute walk, you'll find Robin's Kitchen for fabulous Jerk Chicken and great hospitality. Catamaran Bar, just north, on the beach does some pretty great food too and is a super fun beach bar. You are soooo spoiled for choice. With the previously mentioned excellent restaurants above, you won't starve!

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

B
B
You definitely won't starve. Lots of good restaurants. El Divino is always tasty and a good bar for drinks (particularly on Martini Monday or Tequila Tuesday). Try Robin's...you'll love it!

B
B
Oh yes...and Sunny's Fast Food makes a mean fried chicken sandwich for late night munchies.

Originally Posted by BrusselSprout
Oh yes...and Sunny's Fast Food makes a mean fried chicken sandwich for late night munchies.

Sunny's Fast Food does make great fried chicken. I have quite a funny story about them. About 8 years ago before we bought our own place, we stayed at Banyan Bay with another couple. We decided to walk down to Sunny's to get some fried chicken to bring back to the condo. We told them we wanted 8 pieces of chicken. He asked if we could come back in about half an hour because he did not have any fried up. When we went back to pick it up, we discovered that there was a "slight" misunderstanding..........instead of 8 "pieces" of chicken, they fried up 8 "whole" chickens for us!!!! It looked so good that we said what the heck, we'll just be eating fried chicken for the next several days!!!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
J
jadejar Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks for all your suggestions everyone. I can't wait!!!

K
K
You cannot beat the breakfast at Banana Beach. I love to stay in close proximity to them because of their always delicious food and accommodating staff. I could easily eat exclusively at BB. Their ceviche is the best on the island! Enjoy!

A
A
these are all great suggestions and we eat there regularly -I am going to throw in Average Joe's for some amazing chicken wings (16 flavours) and Chili cheese dogs. smile

Great food + good company = great times, come join us at
Average Joe's Bar
www.facebook.com/ajsbelize
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 95 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.