Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#443554 07/29/12 09:40 PM
M
Mr. K Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I'd like to take my son (14) for a couple of days of sun up to sun down off shore snorkelling and camping on one of the deserted atolls in a marine preserve. We will be self contained. Just needing advice on the best way to get there. Are there boats I can hire to drop us off and pick us back up a few days later? Would i be better to fly us somewhere further south and then pick up a boat? We'll be leaving from and returning to Ambergris Caye. Thanks in advance for any informed advice you can give me.

C
C
All the atolls have something good to offer. I love snorkling at Turneffe..but you have to stay a week or pay big bucks for transport. You can go to Dangriga and catch daily boats to Tobaco Caye. If you are already going to be on Ambergris I would suggest going up to the very north of the island where the reef meets land and check out Tranquility Bay..it is just too kool for snorkling, and like you are on another island in another place....

P
P
Originally Posted by Cooper
I would suggest going up to the very north of the island where the reef meets land and check out Tranquility Bay..it is just too kool for snorkling, and like you are on another island in another place....

I don't think that's what he's looking for.

R
ron Offline
R
You might be able to ask at one of the dive shops that are going out to the Blue Hole if they could drop at one of the Atolls on their way out and arrange for them to pick you up a couple of days later on their next trip. They don't always go on a regular basis out there especially during the slow season. You might also try Frenchie's on Caye Caulker, Frenchie has some property out near the Blue Hole and a large enough boat you could hire. I'm sure that it would be quite expensive since gas costs are high.

Suggest that you check French Louie Caye off Placencia - this is set up for people to use and you can have it to yourself if you wish. There is sufficient infrastructure (communications and reasonable distance to help if you need it) that you can have a good time and be safe as well. Good from-shore snorkeling and fishing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 238 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.