Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#44358 10/02/01 01:14 PM
W
OP Offline
W
I have at least three other friends interested in going to AC for the end of December for a week of diving, diving, diving. Can anyone tell me of any package deals including airfare from Houston, good hotels to stay at, good dive shops to use, good places to eat, etc.

Thanks,

Will
This is an open-ended question. Since you say from Houston I'll assume you will fly Continental.
Are you talking two couples, all guys, what?
What kind of diving do you want? How experienced are you?
I going down for my 5th trip the day before Thanksgiving, so I have information available but need to hone in on what you are looking for.
I'm taking 16 people next March and I tell them I can find you a place to stay for $25 per night up to $125.
There are some operators who are excellent with less experienced divers and those who are very good with very experienced people. Believe you me, you don't want to get with the wrong group.
I'm sure you will get a lot of input. You will love the place.
Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
B
B
Check out Gaz's dive shop and hotel, Playa Blanco.

It includes rooms and dives, but not airfaires, at least from what I can see,

W
OP Offline
W
Harriette

I live in Ft. Lauderdale and the other three live in Houston. There are 4 of us total of which two of us would like our own room if possible (couple). There are three girls and me coming. I am very experienced diver, two are advanced divers, and the fourth is getting certified as we speak. I definitely want to do one or two of the atolls including the blue hole. If we are coming for a week, we definitely want to make it worth it. On the flip side (typical diver) we want an inexpensive place. We are here to dive and do not need top notch accomodations, but something clean, safe and comfortable. When we take our dive trips, we try to fly and room inexpensively and spend our money on diving. Where are these places you can stay for $25 a night. Are they safe and close to the main area? We would not want to stay way out and have to rent a vehicle to get around. My choice would be to do a dive with an outfit that does six packs (six persons max to a dive) so that we can get out there quickly and enjoy our time on the water, not spending all our time trying to get out to the site. I do understand that Lighthouse reef is 60 miles out, so we will want to take a liveaboard out there.

Any and all help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. We were hoping to spend about $1000 for airfare from Houston, hotel, diving, etc. We are flexible, but that is the goal.

Thanks for all your help in advance,

Will

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
never stayed there myself, but concensus here is Ruby's.

B
B
WillDive,
Email me at [email protected] and I can help with the diving and lodging portion. We have a live aboard with a 2 and 3 night pckge that sounds like it might be just what your looking for. It includes Turneffe Elbow, Lighthouse Reef and The Blue Hole. There are plenty of safe and clean places to stay in town. That is a pretty busy time of year but there should still be plenty of places to choose from.

Dawn O'Connor www.barefootwatersports.net
(in process of updating webpage with new boat information)

Will
Ruby's maybe a little more basic than you are looking for. I may stay there in Nov., as I will be traveling alone.
For the makeup of your party I would recommend Lily's. Simple, clean and two double beds in each room. This last Jan. we paid $60 per night per room - not per person. It is right on the beach in front of Amigos Del Mar Dive Shop (but any dive operator will pick you up anyplace). I would ask for an upstairs room -- better breeze and privacy.

Lily's has the very best breakfast in town - Some people will tell you Estelle's is better - it is good, and where everyone hangs out. If it is lobster season you must have Lily's lobster omelet with Johnnycakes!!! Ruby's has a great bakery on the street level.

But I digress.
My personal dive master is Ched Cabral (I'll find his e-mail address and add it later). His boat takes a max of 8, but usually 4 to 6 and he knows the reef like the back of his hand. Reef dive sites are 10 to 20 minutes from the dock. For almost all the dives they come ashore for your surface interval.

You MUST do a night dive. It can only be done when the tides are right, so ask Ched to plan ahead.

For going out to the Atolls there is Barefoot's, Amigos and Hustlers. Maybe more. They all kinda work together. They only go if they have 8 people, as gas is very expensive and weather permitting. So if one shop has two and another has 6 they send the 2 over to the 6. Remember that this is a very small community -- and I love it like that.

If no one is going to Lighthouse while you are there but someone maybe going to Turneffe - take it. Not quiet as far and a little less expensive. Great walls.

As you can see, there are many of us who never tire of telling others how wonderful this place is.

Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
W
OP Offline
W
Thanks for all the info so far. I have several people looking into this for me. This time of year is definitely not easy in any way to book. By the way, do you have any suggestions as to where to get cheap tickets from US to Belize, or alterior methods of getting there like Cancun and then bus into Belize City?

Thanks again,
will

Best tickets I have found recently is with Mars Travel and Tours ask for Sue call
713 977 7714.......they book for Flycheapol.com
She booked 5 tickets for me on Continental at
$498. per from Texas to Belize. Hope this helps

Dare To Deviate
I HAVE FOUND GOOD PACKAGE DEALS WITH
MAGNUM BELIZE 1 800 447 2931 OR www.magnumbelize.com But for my December trip I booked on my own, not wanting a package deal this time.

Dare To Deviate
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 337 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.