Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#44381 - 10/03/01 03:00 AM What's the word on Captain Morgans?
KZAP Offline
Spending 7 days in February on AC for the first time and booked at Captain Morgan's Retreat. What's the skinny? on Morgan's, AC in February and the best place for music.

[This message has been edited by KZAP (edited 10-02-2001).]

#44382 - 10/03/01 03:33 PM Re: What's the word on Captain Morgans?
Big Frank Offline
Morgan's is just fantastic. with a terrific pool, great staff, and [so I've heard] v good food. The best place for music is from whereever songs drift out onto the street. Barefoot Iguana late and fido's earlier. The Palapa up near you on
sundays.

#44383 - 10/03/01 03:56 PM Re: What's the word on Captain Morgans?
KZAP Offline
Big Frank, Thank you for the review. The Palapa has been mentioned before. Did someone say there's a place to croon if you're inclined? Even karaoke bars sound great...This board has been great fun to read. Never been to the isle but I feel like i know it already.. It's the people!

Work out of my home and looking forward to being around folks with a passion for living.
Thank you all!

#44384 - 10/03/01 05:47 PM Re: What's the word on Captain Morgans?
Anonymous
use that search function (above right). i have heard mixed reviews of capn m's. nothing recently, i don't think. but you will find much info there.

i heard that journey's end (where i stayed) now has a karaoke machine. it is north of capn m's and has a good dive shop and pretty beach.

#44385 - 10/03/01 10:16 PM Re: What's the word on Captain Morgans?
Richard Chambers Offline
directly above the oldest topic line.
"SEARCH".

#44386 - 10/03/01 11:25 PM Re: What's the word on Captain Morgans?
KZAP Offline
Thanks! Took me awhile but I found it.

#44387 - 10/03/01 11:41 PM Re: What's the word on Captain Morgans?
diveron Offline
This hotel is located pretty far north of town. I have not stayed there but i have visited the grounds. Personnaly I prefer to be south of the cut because it can be a pain in the butt to travel to town. The pull ferry closes at...I'm not sure when...but once it is closed water taxis are your only option. The north side of the island has many beatiful homes, resturaunts and hotels, and is isolated and quiet.. If thats what you are looking for then the north is for you. If you like to come to town alot then I would reccomend something south. This board has a ton of info on hotels for any budget. Hope this helps!

#44388 - 10/11/01 12:25 AM Re: What's the word on Captain Morgans?
dedl Offline
Went in July...the rooms are nice (if you get one of the villa's). I got sick from the hot/cold in the rooms,the bedrooms upstairs at the villas is sheetrock, which holds in the cold air, but the living room is the thatched roof, which does not hold the cold air in at all. I loved being away from town, very quiet, which is what we wanted, but after three days of the food (VERY limited selection and not that great) we started going into town by water taxi, this got really expensive. The gocart path is horrible and they tell you not to take the carts down that far. It is a VERY bumpy trip. Having to do it all again, I would stay on the other side of the cut. Capricorn's (restaurant next door)is wonderful, but expensive...

#44389 - 10/11/01 05:55 PM Re: What's the word on Captain Morgans?
bbnx Offline
Spent 10 days at Morgans earlier this year. We will not return. Being on the "bad" side of the cut was a mistake. Additionally, a VERY limited food selection coupled with a few other surprises made the stay at Morgans less pleasant than we expected.
Vacationing in AC in general, however, was the best decision we made. A GREAT place to relax and meet some really cool people. We are returning in Feb 2002. Might never do the "Cancun", "Cabo" stuff again. AC is MUCH more "tropical" and "real" than either of those places.

#44390 - 10/11/01 09:18 PM Re: What's the word on Captain Morgans?
cats Offline
So bbnx where are you staying in Feb.??
We have reservations dec.29-jan5,2002 at basil jones the way it looks we will be on the beach and it won't be open.We are coming have tickets , may need a different place to stay.Family of 4 (17 boy 19 girl)with it being Holiday time we don't want to spend too much$$$ but need a nice place first time for 3 of us on the island.

[This message has been edited by CATS (edited 10-11-2001).]

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (dabunk, IGAmel), 45 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,075 Topics
462,351 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.