Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#443961 08/04/12 10:48 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Freddie G Jr. asked me to let the folks know that Monday morning from 8 on a trash truck will be coming up the coast as far as Coco Beach so keep an eye out for it.
There also will be a temporary trash drop off point by the substation close to the bridge being built this week.
If any or all of this doesnt happen DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER sick

B
OP Offline
B
As expected the rules changed already.
The truck is up north right now Sunday Morning. IT WILL COME ACROSS THE BRIDGE TOMORROW (MONDAY) AT 1 PM AND TRAVEL AS FAR AS AK BOL.
PLEASE HAVE THE TRASH IN THE TRASH CANS ON THE ROAD.
This if from the truck driver who really knows whats going to happen as he is going to be driving the truck.

Waiting for the bridge to collapse.

Change your Latitude
We just saw the trash truck - full - heading back south from Ak'Bol region. Didn't get a chance to put our trash out or wave it down.... We're hoping it will come back again at 1 pm, but it's possible it has already come and gone for today (Monday).

Joanna
B
OP Offline
B
The latest line is Mon. Wed. Fri. the truck will cross the bridge and go north at 10 AM.

B
OP Offline
B
OK, Lets try again.
They have 4 trash trucks and 2 are broke so no trash pickup on Monday up the coast.
They SWEAR they will be coming across the bridge today (Wed) at 1:00.
Anyone care to make a small wager?

I live close to the land fill and only get pick up twice a week (if that.) We usually do at least one run to the dump ourselves. That way we don't have to worry about stray dogs and raccoons ransacking the trash and creating a huge mess on the streets. We also rake our own street.

Considering the amount of property tax we all pay there is little wonder that the town council can't keep up with the demand. We do what we can to alleviate the problems - I would rather do that than see my taxes increased!

B
OP Offline
B
Amanda, we had a big trailer by the bridge for the last few years and we were fine with that. We all just hauled the trash to the bridge.
Apparently the owner of the property, which was for sale, showed up and had a fit, called the cops, and tried to get Mayor Danny thrown in jail unless he got the trailer off the property. I don't blame the owner, the place was a big mess. The town board could barely keep up with the amount of trash coming across the bridge and by boat from the resorts.
Anyway, they promised us a new location for the trailer by the 1st of the month and temporary pickups until the new transfer spot is found. Well that isn't working out so well and the flies and coons are coming back.
I hope they solve the problem soon. It took years to get this area cleaned up after decades of dumping, burning and burying.

Yes that was a disgusting mess on that land - I would have had a fit if it was on my land too. The dumpster never had enough room not to be overflowing all the time.

I still see a fair amount of mess and evidence of continued trash dumping, burning and burying along the road north and it is unsightly.

Hopefully the town will get a handle on this sooner than later.

Originally Posted by Amanda Syme
Considering the amount of property tax we all pay there is little wonder that the town council can't keep up with the demand. We do what we can to alleviate the problems - I would rather do that than see my taxes increased!

That's precisely the problem.....if there is a country with zero property taxes then Belize has to be just one notch above them. You can't expect all the amenities by paying such a meager amount of property taxes. Our property taxes are the biggest....or should I say smallest joke I've ever seen. I would not mind paying 4 times what we pay now if I was assured the money would go to improving the infrastructure......another problem.......where would the money go.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.