Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#444436 08/12/12 08:56 PM
R
Rob B Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi I'm new to the forum, looks like you have a great community here. I want to repay my mother for all the times she's taken me to the Caribbean as a youngin' and I was seriously considering TB because of the easy access to snorkeling. Can anyone tell me how the fishing is in January and what to expect as far as species? I am avid striper fisherman up here in the NE and would love to do some spin-fishing with a guide at least two days out of the five I plan to be there. Thank you all!

S
S
You have a really GREAT vantage point at TB for all kinds of fishing� The channel right in front of TB is great for snapper, jacks, porgy, etc� you can wade the flats just south of TB for bonefish & permit� outside the reef you can troll for wahoo (they run in the late fall/winter here) and dorado. Lot's of folks on the island head up that way for bottom fishing as well (though be sure to check where it's permissible to drop anchor, your guide should know.) TB can certainly recommend a guide for you. In short, you'd be hard pressed to pick a better spot on the island for great fishing at your doorstep.

Check out this article: "Ambergris Caye, Belize
Angling Adventures in Paradise"
http://www.cyberangler.com/travel/maizler/ambergris-caye-belize.htm

Absolutely great place!!!!!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
R
Rob B Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thank you both! Great read, that might've sealed the deal especially because of the DIY opportunities...

Last edited by Rob B; 08/13/12 09:01 AM.
P
P
I have fishing friends come down from Nantucket and they are all stripper crazed. They loved the fishing up and down the coast.

S
S
azbob: awesome article, had not seen it before. I may just have to go to TB and vacation myself!!!

E
E
What/where is TB ?

Tranquility Bay would be my guess. Was just there last weekend, had a couple Belikin & a swim off the dock at The Aquarium, before for heading back to San Pedro. I miss Belize (Sigh) frown

A hug is the shortest distance between friends. ~ Author Unknown
Ernie, I guess I'm going to have to draw you a map!!!!!!! smile

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
E
E
OR,send me a ticket !

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.