Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#444574 - 08/15/12 01:00 AM Tours to Lamanai from San Pedro?
kotanali Offline
I am wondering if there are tours to the Lamanai Ruins directly from San Pedro or will I have to transfer to Belize City and then take a trip to the ruins? Thanks.

#444575 - 08/15/12 06:50 AM Re: Tours to Lamanai from San Pedro? [Re: kotanali]
BrianH Offline
Searious, Seaduced, and Tanisha all do the tours from San Pedro. They will pick you up at your hotel's dock.

#444577 - 08/15/12 07:26 AM Re: Tours to Lamanai from San Pedro? [Re: kotanali]
elbert Offline
They go by boat from the island across the back bay and catch a river into the mainland, the river gets shallow at the village of Bomba where they transfer from the Boat to a bus, the bus is about a 40 min. ride to the next river then transfer to another boat that ends at the rainforest where the ruins are.
For me the trip there is a major part of the adventure.
Both rivers are full of wild life and the guides stop and point out things like birds , Bats , crocks, monkeys etc.
I suggest the trip to birders.
The Dive Shops Daily Blog

#444584 - 08/15/12 07:49 AM Re: Tours to Lamanai from San Pedro? [Re: elbert]
doggirl Offline
If you go, get a weather report for your trip. It will be an all day adventure and could possibly rain on your fun, or most of the day as in our trip to Lamanai. Bring some rain gear. A great trip for the money , will definitely go again.

#444592 - 08/15/12 08:38 AM Re: Tours to Lamanai from San Pedro? [Re: kotanali]
Nick Barton Offline
We took friends with Serious a couple of weeks ago and had a great trip! As Elbert says the travel is as much fun as the site itself. Serious doesnt go via Bomba but instead goes a short way up the Old Belize river before tranferring to the bus (because it makes the bus trip less bumpy), then you pick up the 2nd boat on the New river at the usual place. One of our favorite full days out (including the rum punch supplied)
and have now done it about 4-5 times over the years!

#444612 - 08/15/12 10:14 AM Re: Tours to Lamanai from San Pedro? [Re: kotanali]
MikeCaroleinKC Offline
We have used Tanisha for several tours and the one to Lamanai was well worth it.

#444626 - 08/15/12 01:45 PM Re: Tours to Lamanai from San Pedro? [Re: kotanali]
kotanali Offline
Thanks for all the quick replies. I will check out all the suggested tour companies for a trip when I'm there in Oct. Can't wait!

#444701 - 08/16/12 02:19 PM Re: Tours to Lamanai from San Pedro? [Re: kotanali]
nittany313 Offline
Having been to San Pedro and Belize several times we are very comfortable with the water taxis. Are there any tours to Lamanai that leave from the mainland that would be cheaper than paying the tour boat over to the mainland, etc. Going for several weeks this time so trying to save money where we can.

#444712 - 08/16/12 04:57 PM Re: Tours to Lamanai from San Pedro? [Re: kotanali]
Barbara K Offline
Lamanai tours run about $110 to $125 pp from Bz City.

#444715 - 08/16/12 06:42 PM Re: Tours to Lamanai from San Pedro? [Re: kotanali]
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Tours from Orange Walk Town still run US$45 or so, so if you can get up there (and back to Belize City in time to get back to San Pedro) you'll save money. But whether it's worth the hassle and stress as opposed to a tour from San Pedro is debatable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (ragman), 42 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,734 Topics
461,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.