Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#444598 - 08/15/12 08:58 AM Art in the Park – Arts & Craft Exhibition
Marty Offline

Thursday, August 30th, 2012 10:00 am thru Friday, August 31st, 2012 8:00 pm
by the San Pedro Cultural Committee
Central Park in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize

The San Pedro House of Culture is pleased to be hosting the Art in the Park – Arts & Craft Exhibition. The exhibition will takes place Thursday, August 30th and Friday August 31st, beginning at 10 am on the San Pedro Central Park.

Kindly join us for two full days of local arts, music and entertainment.

#444973 - 08/22/12 08:19 AM Re: Art in the Park – Arts & Craft Exhibition [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline
Music by: Man at Work, Special C, Barry’s Cultural Band, MeloCat, Ras Tabu and Garifuna Drummers

Artists: Papo, Terryl, Gomez, Kinishu, Linarez, Robby, Modesto, Chiquitin, Melody, Ricky, Dimas and many more.

#445585 - 08/31/12 08:08 AM Re: Art in the Park – Arts & Craft Exhibition [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

Art in the Park has been a big event in other parts of the country and in San Pedro it has been happening, even if on a smaller scale. However this year, with the support of the San Pedro Town Council through the San Pedro Cultural Committee, the event was organized a little differently in attempt to enhance the event to attract more people. The two-day event kicked off today Thursday August 30th at the San Pedro Central Park with over 35 artisans. The aim of the Art in the Park initiative is to bring together artisans in one common area to market their products.

While the event is ongoing for a full two days, official ceremony is scheduled for 6PM at the San Pedro Central Park and it includes special performances by well-known Belizean artist Terryl “Man at Work” Godoy. The event includes both visual and expressive arts. It is geared to provide a common forum for artists and artists to market their products to locals and visitors alike.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in theSan Pedro Sun

#445613 - 08/31/12 11:19 AM Re: Art in the Park – Arts & Craft Exhibition [Re: Marty]
Judyann H. Offline
You still have time to get there today....We spent some time there yesterday and found a couple of beautiful pieces to help finish decorating....Very nice and friendly vibe.....
My friends call me Judyann

#445614 - 08/31/12 11:32 AM Re: Art in the Park – Arts & Craft Exhibition [Re: Marty]
BrusselSprout Offline
There was so good stuff there. Just posted about it. I'm thinking of going back and picking a painting up today after I consult my budget.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,687 Topics
461,187 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.