Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Hey I have been to San Pedro many times but never in September or rainy season. So we booked a trip and then I found out 9/21 is Belize Independance day. So what goes on? I read on San Pedro Scoop that there is fireworks and a parade - and that its a great time. Anything I should not miss?

Thanks!!

B
B
Best day of the year...here are some reasons: http://www.sanpedroscoop.com/2011/08/5-reasons-you-should-be-in-san-pedro-on.html

Here are some pics of last year's parade: http://www.sanpedroscoop.com/2011/09/best-independence-day-in-world-parade.html

LOVE IT! And repeating what you already said but I really do love it.

Last edited by BrusselSprout; 08/18/12 08:10 AM.
We were there a few years back. We had a great time and have considered going back for that week. There was a parade just about every day for the week leading up to 9/21. The fireworks occurred around midnight on 9/20 (within the first minutes of 9/21). It was a great party.
We had good weather. Keep in mind that Sept is the historical peak of the hurricane season. We have spent many Septs in the Caribbean and never encountered a hurricane there at that time. Just lucky that way. Once is Sept in Bermuda and twice in Nov in the Caribbean. No direct hits though. Another thing, a number of AC restaurants and resorts close 9/15 to 10/15. That didnt bother us at all. There were plenty of places open. We didnt miss a meal or a drink.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.