Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#445678 - 09/01/12 06:40 PM Where to Buy
Taggard Offline
My wife an I are starting to plan our retirement in Belize. The question now is....where? We would need to be safe and comfortable. We don't need much, but it has to be nice (not a shack). The price range would be up to 350,000 USD for a 2-3 BR hopefully with a view of the ocean. A beach front yard would be a plus. We have looked at Ambergris and Placencia, please give your opinion what ever it is. If you would like to send pictures or listings the e-mail is paul_gentry0824@yahoo.com. Thank you

#445681 - 09/01/12 09:27 PM Re: Where to Buy [Re: Taggard]
Judyann H. Offline
We live on Ambergris Caye about 2 1/2 miles South.....Very safe very quiet, very affordable......You can get a lovely condo unit on the beach in this area for close to what your budget is.....I'm not a realtor, however.....We have bought and sold a couple of pieces of property on this end of the island using good local professionals.....

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com

#445684 - 09/01/12 10:44 PM Re: Where to Buy [Re: Taggard]
C2C
Originally Posted By: Taggard
My wife an I are starting to plan our retirement in Belize. The question now is....where?

For now, anywhere else.
Leave your money in the bank or under the mattress. Come to Belize and revel in the glory of the cayes. Try...if you can...to NOT think of Belize as a tourist destination but as a place to live - understandably hard to do when on vacation but the reality is, it takes time for the reality to set in. You MIGHT find Belize the perfect locale. Or you might not.
Now that you made the horrid mistake of putting out how much you can put out, you'll get no end of interest around your price range. Ignore it. All of it.
Belize is a beautiful country with many delightful people, locals and expats alike but...
Eyes wide open, yes?

#445889 - 09/05/12 10:11 AM Re: Where to Buy [Re: Taggard]
JdeVerteuil Offline
Taggard,
I am in the same boat as yourself. I plan to RENT for 6 months at three locations; Caulker, Placencia, and Mainland (not sure where). That will allow me to experience each location and determine the best place before I build. This also allows me to get to know the people and the potential contractors prior to building.
I lived in BZ city for 6 months and liked the fact that I could easily get to the islands and had the conveinance of being on the mainland. Did not like the crime.
The 6 months allows me to establish a mormal routine that I hope to be filled with fishing, diving, and socializing. I also plan to find a volunteer job to keep me occupied during that time as well.
Not sure what your experience is in BZ, just make sure that prior to building that nice home, that it is exactly where you want to be. GOOD LUCK

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (JohnVan3, 1 invisible), 36 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,303 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.