Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BZ4me Offline OP
OP Offline
On 9/7/12 in the San Pedro Sun this article was published. Do any of you know if he has been extradited yet?

"Wanted American national Khaffak Sahib Ansari was captured in San Pedro Ambergris Caye, Belize by San Pedro Police on Thursday September 6th. 46 year old Ansari, who was convicted in the U.S. for fraud in May of 2012, was detained by local authorities after a woman made a report against him at the local police station. He was detained shortly before 6PM and is expected to be extradited to the U.S. sometime over the weekend.

Ansari came into Belize on August 18, 2012 and has been living alone on Ambergris Caye where he was in the process of buying a local business. The U.S. Embassy in Belize has been notified of Ansari's arrest and arrangements are being made to have him flown to the U.S. sometime over the weekend where he will be handed over to counterparts in Minnesota."

Given the fact he fled after sentencing I'm fairly certain he will be shipped back very quickly...

D
D

Bear, check the date. He skipped town before the hearing, and ended up in Belize.

DC

DC, Thanks bud, I got that. I just threw the link up as a matter of curiosity relative to the original fraud charges.

BZ4me Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks everyone for the update. I'll keep my eyes looking for any info on him. He's one slippery fellow and that's putting it nicely.

I'm guessing he moved to get in on the lucrative Food Stamp program here...

BZ4me Offline OP
OP Offline
I didn't know there was a program in Belize. I'm sure you're correct. Someone like him slithers in, gains trust, takes numbers and run leaving a path of destruction.

E
E
Snow White, why dont you tell us what happened ?

BZ4me Offline OP
OP Offline
Since much of what I know will be used on him once he is charged and we all want the case to be strong, I'm sorry but I can't go into a great deal. I will say he is very good with computers and printers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.