Caye Caulker Belize: A Slice of Paradise
Caye Caulker is much sleepier than it's big, much more commercialized sister, Ambergris Caye. Caulker is loved by its authentic, beachy feel. The streets of Caulker are hard-packed sand, and most everybody moves around on foot, bicycles, and golf carts. Since the weather was great, and we had only packed clothes for two days, we opted not to take the golf cart taxi. The hotel was located a mostly pleasant 10-15 minute walk from the dock. At last, we arrived at Colinda Cabanas, a completely remodeled property on the quieter side of Caulker. We were assigned the cabana right behind the main office (good WiFi signal!) The rooms were super-clean and lovely.
More...

How an Unexpected Delay Led to a Wonderful Trip to San Ignacio, Belize
Ignacio proper is not very big, and while a bit confusing at first because of road construction, I found my bearings quickly. We asked one of the construction workers for Bullet Tree Falls Road, which leads to the part of town where Parrot's Nest is located, somewhere out in... Bullet Tree Falls. The road was easy to find and led almost straight out from the town's center. It was a fairly pleasant drive, if somewhat long a 3-4 miles, out of San Ignacio's town center. I mean, it was a "jungle" I was heading to, so I should've known it wasn't going to be located next to the town's Kwik-e Mart. After fumbling for directions, I found the dirt road that led deep into the jungle... After dodging a jaguar and a pack of wild howler monkeys (not really), we arrived at the lodge. Marcus, the friendly owner greeted us. Well, the friendly dogs did first, to be honest. Marcus showed us around the property and the various tree-houses. According to Marcus, this lodge had the first ones available to the public in Belize. We couldn't stay in the one below, since it was designed for two people. Or one of me. The Macal River runs right behind the lodge. After doing a snack run to the supermarket in Bullet Tree, we returned as quickly as we could, peeling off layers of clothing en route as we jumped into the river to cool off.
More...