Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#44657 10/10/01 03:04 PM
M
OP Offline
M
As promised, an update from san pedro.
I have been here a couple of weeks and what a couple of weeks they have been. Still looking for housing, but staying at a great place. Making friends and putting myself to use helping Saga and whatever else I can do!

For a girl from seattle, the hurricane was a scary scary thing. I evacuated with the trusty captain tom on the (beautiful) emerald isle down to Big Creek. In hind sight, that wasn't the best spot. But we are all fine. 6 of us and a dog in a concrete hotel room proved very interesting. The boat was fine ( a little dirty..but to be imagined). I saw things i have never seen before, terrible destruction, loss of life and as you know..the sinking of boats that were literally right across from ours. But everyone has really come together. I will never forget the images I saw..but I am hoping to gain some perspective from them.

People in town have organized a fundraiser for the victims on Saturday at Fidos and I am helping put up flyers. THis will provide food to the people who need it most.

Anyway... I am doing well. If you are in town, ask for me around town or at Seven Seas.

Jennifer

#44658 10/10/01 05:39 PM
KC Offline
Jennifer,
It is so good to hear from you. In hindsight, AC would have been the place to stay for Iris, but you know what they say about hindsight. It sounds like you are being very productive and helpful in San Pedro. Good for you! I am probably coming down around the first weekend in December, and would love to visit with you then.

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#44659 10/10/01 08:34 PM
T
T&B Offline
T
Hi Jennifer,

We were wondering how you were doing and getting along. It's good to hear the excellent news about AC but very sorry to about down South.

Despite everything over the last few weeks, we are so pleased that you are happy with your move. You should know how much we admire your spirit and sense of adventure.

We envy you and respect your guts! You are our hero!!! Who would have thought that a gal from the Northwest US would by her self move to Central America!

Terry & Ben

#44660 10/11/01 09:04 AM
"WHEW!" Glad to hear you are okay! Now...if you could just stay away from Dockside on ladies night, we'd know that you're REALLY safe!

#44661 10/11/01 11:44 AM
D
D
Hi Jennifer, good to hear you're safe.. I am coming down to AC for the first time on the 27 Oct. I will be staying at sevenseas. How is the place? Did we make a good choice?. Wanted to be handy to everything. Hope to see you there. Don & Isabelle

#44662 10/11/01 10:50 PM
Hi Jennifer

I hope to go to AC my first time in June 2002

I'm from a small town 30miles se of seattle called Orting ,WA.I look forward to more updates on your life in AC.Hope to see you there.

Mike

#44663 10/12/01 03:42 AM
Jennifer......glad you're alright and thankful that A.C. was spared from this hurricane.

Say hello to Bron for me and tell her the cats made it fine and they are happy and healthy in Tennessee [Linked Image]

Tell her to let me know if she needs anything.

Thanks,
Tammy

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.