Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#446977 09/19/12 10:25 AM
B
OP Offline
B
have bought property here, have purchase agreement signed and money paid but seler who lives in l.a. who has his money will not send photo i.d. to close the deal and get it registered at dept. of lands. need advise

F
FyreDragn
FyreDragn
F
Did you use an Agent or an Attorney to close the deal?

#446981 09/19/12 10:42 AM
T
T
yes i have. the seller who is originnally from the island said he couldn't afford to so i said send a copy fedex and i would pay. he has blocked out my number for me to call him. any suggestions on who to see?

F
FyreDragn
FyreDragn
F
The only thing you can do is enforce the contract by using an Attorney.

R
R
It sounds to me like you did not use a real estate agent. If you did you could expect some help from them which would make solving this problem easier.

I would never (maybe almost never) buy or sell a piece of property without the assistance of a reputable real estate agent and I have bought and sold maybe a dozen properties or more in my life. Anyone who reads this message would be wise to keep this in mind.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
ragman #446985 09/19/12 11:06 AM
B
OP Offline
B
have never had a problem before using this person but the seller is just being difficult, he's pissed about having to sell and not get his price so let's give him a hard time. do you have anyone in mind lawyer, realestate i can get in touch with

R
R
No, but there are real estate people on this board who could probably advise you if they knew more facts. One of them may answer as a courtesy but of course if they are not part of the process you are more or less on your own and will have to hire someone to help you.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
It has been a matter of course recently to insist on having a notarized copy of a photo id of the Buyer and the Seller in order to complete a purchase. The deal shouldn't have closed without having all of the relevant paperwork/documentation in place.

You can likely get a court order for the Seller to be compelled to comply with providing the info as it is legally required to complete you registration - but that is going to take time and a lawyer.

Even if the Seller wasn't entirely happy with the deal, if he accepted it he is required to provide the necessary documentation to complete the transfer. If he doesn't then he continues to be the owner of record and in theory he continues to be liable for the property taxes and other outgoings/lawsuits/costs etc.

T
T
earlier i sent this oscar fellow an email realizing he won't help me out that i would do it legally and he who laughs first does not always laugh last. hoping there is a legal way to wipe that smile off his face and close the deal

If you have his LA address I have a friend there I believe could persuade him to give a copy of his license...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.