Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#44711 - 10/11/01 04:22 PM Water Taxi Shuttle/Ferry Help Needed
SCRIVIC Offline
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend the best/least expensive travel from Ramon's to Mambo's for about 25 people? I would need their e-mail address and/or their phone number if anyone has it.

I did a search but all I could find was the Boatward Ferry Schedule.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide!

#44712 - 10/13/01 04:28 PM Re: Water Taxi Shuttle/Ferry Help Needed
Marty Offline
You might ask em at Mambos.
matachica@btl.net

#44713 - 10/13/01 11:59 PM Re: Water Taxi Shuttle/Ferry Help Needed
rickcheri Offline
OK....what is Mambo's?????

#44714 - 10/14/01 05:15 AM Re: Water Taxi Shuttle/Ferry Help Needed
KC Offline
Mambo's is the restaurant at Mata Chica.

Kathy

#44715 - 10/15/01 04:00 PM Re: Water Taxi Shuttle/Ferry Help Needed
SCRIVIC Offline
Thanks for your help, Marty! I have been e-mailing the people at Mambo's and they have been really helpful. They advised me of a $250 US flat rate fee for the round trip ride and I was just trying to see if I could find it cheaper with someone else.

#44716 - 10/15/01 11:02 PM Re: Water Taxi Shuttle/Ferry Help Needed
JMK Offline
Mambos is an amazing, amazing place! If you can't get a boat that's big enough to accomodate your entire party, SWIM! It is definitely worth it. Oh and make sure you get the molten chocolate cake for dessert.

#44717 - 10/16/01 01:00 AM Re: Water Taxi Shuttle/Ferry Help Needed
JmHanna Offline
The Rum Punch Sailboat
George Eily
He is easy to find when you arrive
Jim

#44718 - 10/16/01 08:17 PM Re: Water Taxi Shuttle/Ferry Help Needed
SCRIVIC Offline
Pier Lounge-

Thanks for your reply!

Do you have an e-mail address for him or know where I could get more info?

I was first told the flat rate fee would be $250 and now it's $260 to get from Ramon's to Mambo (and back) and that was on a water taxi but if there is something better out there then we may consider it instead.

#44719 - 10/16/01 08:19 PM Re: Water Taxi Shuttle/Ferry Help Needed
SCRIVIC Offline
JMK - Is the molten chocolate cake the souffle' that you are talking about? If it is, then we do have that on our little menu we will provide to our guests.

What else did you have? Any appetizers? Anything I should be aware of to definitely order or not order?

#44720 - 10/16/01 09:17 PM Re: Water Taxi Shuttle/Ferry Help Needed
KC Offline
Well, just for fun I'll throw a wrench into this mix... Only take the water taxi about half that far (or less) and stop at Capricorn for dinner. Cheaper water taxi ride (they have one that will pick you up, but I don't know how many it will carry, and I don't know the cost), and the food, in my opinion, is exceedingly better than Mambo. No, I don't have any *interest* in Capricorn, other than eating there. For dinner for 20+, they may cut you a good deal on the water taxi -- but maybe not, too. It's worth checking out. The last person we took to Belize said the other day, "I'd go back to Ambergris, JUST to have that seafood pasta at Capricorn."

Just an idea!

Kathy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,006 Topics
462,169 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.