Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hon Offline
I find it quite interesting when the proposed solutions to criminal actions (in this particular case, shooting and/or breaking the leg of a bicycle thief) are criminal actions in and of themselves.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
OP Offline
Perhaps if we relieved the police, the courts and the jails from using their time with ganga cases they could actually work on crime that has a victim.

Yes, golf cart chases on pot riddled with intermittant lakes are exciting especially since the bike rider hid out in the bush for awhile. This was neighbors working together effort.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Hon, for these purposes they would be categorized as Self Defense...

C
C2C
C2C
C
Originally Posted by Nobody You Know
Hon, for these purposes they would be categorized as Self Defense...

Actually no, it would not. However, if you do it right, vigilante justice, which is about all most of us have left given the demonstrated police incompetence or insouciance, can be quite effective and most satisfying.

P
P
It can also get you killed for a few items that can be replaced. Devils advocate but vigilantes have a negative connotation too and isn't the path for most.

Phil #448306 10/08/12 01:12 PM
C
C2C
C2C
C
Originally Posted by Phil
It can also get you killed for a few items that can be replaced. Devils advocate but vigilantes have a negative connotation too and isn't the path for most.

Very true, though I stand by my previous statement. No one should have to take the law into their own hands.

That is a fact, no one should have to take the law into their own hands, BUT sometimes there is no law. And it is not being a vigilante while protecting your own property.

1bzman
There is too much estrogen in the food and water supply. If you take something of mine and I catch you red handed and you don't surrender yourself and your stolen items then I am going to hurt you in the worst possible way I can up and to and including lethal. I am so tired of everyone blaming poverty and all that crap for everything. We were poor as these people and we didn't steal and you know what there was not much theft because everyone then felt as I do now. Once you surrender and say you're sorry we can talk - otherwise...........

Last edited by CaptOneIron; 10/09/12 02:33 PM.

Captain One Iron
A
A
spoken like a true Samurai Buddhist warrior.........
I agree.......
and as for Bear, this is an oxymoron that makes sense...

Hon Offline
CaptOneIron, do you seriously believe that maiming and/or death is suitable punishment for stealing a bicycle? ...or is that just testosterone talking?

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.