Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
OP Offline
I
I've done my homework by searching the board thru and thru but still can't make up mind about where to stay!! Hoping you all can help. I"ll be there Oct 23 thru the 30th..my first time..and after several years of wishing and dreaming, this oppty came only a couple of days ago..so my head is still spinning!!

I'm traveling solo..female. Here are my priorities (at least, today they are!LOL)

Don't want to feel islolated. I'm past the party animal stage but like to be where hangin' out could be interesting and social. I'm leaning toward "In Town"

Gotta get into the water. Now I know the beach discussion can almost be a touchy subject..but please bear with me. I'm not a pool person really..I live on an island in NJ and grew up swimming in the ocean and bay. I get the general idea about the beaches on AC.. But still its all relative to what people know and expect, so it's hard to get a real "read" for me. We have great beaches here, yet I hear people say the beach is too sandy..the water is too salty. and any kind of nature is upsetting to them. The point is I'm no stranger to eelgrass/seaweed and the nature of the shore. Then again..I don't want to wade thru 30 feet of stagnant water full of seaweed. Some accounts make it seem that way..but you know..they could be the pool types.
I'm leaning toward the Holiday Hotel.. curious about their beach. Basically want to get up off my beach chair and cool off..float around a little and not get hit by a boat.

I'd greatly appreciate suggestions and input. Thanks. Jean

I think if a swimming beach is a primary interest, you'd be better off a little ways out of town, rather than right in town. Less boat traffic, arguably cleaner water. Though you're not a pool person, in San Pedro a pool is a real plus. You'll find a lot more people swimming in pools than swimming off the beach.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
The Holiday would be a great choice for in town, but the beach thing is a little dicey. Perhaps better might be the Palms or the Sunbreeze, and then slip down about 50 yards to Ramons waterfront for floating and coolin' off. Sunbreeze also has a pool and is quite reasonable. If you go a half mile to a mile or so south you've got some nice condotels with pretty good swimming areas. Banana Beach comes to mind, and several others right in that area. It's about a 15 minute walk down the beach to town.

CC

You would enjoy the Holiday, close to everything, and the staff is grand.. You can't go wrong. Email them at [email protected] and ask for Kim, She can help you with everything. Tell her we sent you to her.. Thanks, Rick

I'd go with Holiday Inn.

Gone fishing!!
Sunbreeze is right on the south border of the town proper and an exellent location very close to restaurants and bars. Bc's is one building south of the Sunbreeze from the beach and is a very popular watering hole.

Ramon's beach is a two minute walk. The Sunbreeze is located directly across the street from the entrance/exit to the airport, you could walk with your luggage if traveling light.

Argueably Sunbreeze's pool is one of the nicest swimming pools in the area. A good decision in my opinion.

Jim

[This message has been edited by Sandcrab (edited 10-16-2001).]

**Jim
E
E
Hi, Jean [Linked Image]

I'll be in San Pedro at the Paradise Resort Hotel in a cabana right on the beach from 10/20 until 10/28, which I've been waiting to do since forever, so I know what you mean [Linked Image]. Stop by for a drink (that goes for all you other folks, too) if you want.

See you there,

Erik

M
M
Islandjw - I lived in Beach Haven for many years. Found Belize in 1999. E-mail me at [email protected]. My best friend, also a LBI native, lives in San Pedro now. Lets chat.

I
OP Offline
I
hi guys..thanks alot for your suggestions and thoughts. The Sunbreeze sounded great, but..then..I read about the French doors/private balcony at the Mayan princess and that sold me!

Sorry, I didn't realize that was a priority until I read about it in a subreeze/MP comparison post. It will be so nice to be able to keep a door open and not have to close the drapes and feel cooped up to have a little privacy. That will be a big luxury for me. I think it will be fun to sit out there during down times.. and apparently enough beach activity to make that interesting.

yeah, no great swimming at my door but I can "commute"..(hehe)..to Ramon's if necessary. At least with your help my expectations will now be realistic. Thanks again!

BTW..a msg was listed for my thread..but then not posted. Whadya think happened there?

Erik..thanks for the invite!! See you there! Jean

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.