We are inching closer to Garifuna Settlement Day in November which normally sets off a huge cultural explosion. Punta Kings is already taking a lead in that respect, the group is releasing a new CD and accompanying DVD with music videos. According to Raymond Gomez, the band's manager, the group is showing off versatility because they have included other genres of music in the album.

Raymond 'Hamma' Gomez, Manager of Punta Kings

"We released the CDs and DVDs on Saturday in Dangriga and now I'm out here promoting the CD and the DVD because it is something new. Most Belizean artists wanted to bring out CDs and we stepped it up along with Berne."

Jose Sanchez

Raymond 'Hamma' Gomez

"The music itself; tell me a little bit about that."

Raymond 'Hamma' Gomez

"The band is a Garifuna band, but due to the guys growing up in San Pedro, we have Latino influence. So it's a mixture of cumbia and salsa in Spanish and then we have Garifuna also mixing with the Garifuna and Spanish and we have Creole; English and we also have a couple reggae-hardcore reggae-and Dancehall on the CD also. So it's a combination."

Jose Sanchez

"How many tracks on the CD and any track in particular you think the public will like?"

Raymond 'Hamma' Gomez

"There are fifteen songs on the CD, the DVD has nine songs and on the compact disc. I like a lot of them; everything sounds good, but my favorite Pan Di Internet; that's good. They are warning us about the internet and the pros and cons of the internet. Then number eight; hail rastafari-praising God-and we are a Punta rock band and we praise him in reggae."

The CD is for ten dollars and the DVD is selling for twenty dollars at music stores.

Channel 5