Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#449737 - 10/26/12 03:16 AM Rescued Pets
Lexie Rowsell Offline
Hello all, this is my first post on the forum!

I am in Caye Caulker for the winter, and LOVE it here. I had to leave my two fur-babies in the states as one has severe allergies. I am an absolute animal lover, and it breaks my heart to see the condition some animals are in here, as well as in Belize City. I vowed that I would help where I could, when I could.

This has now been put into action. A few weeks ago I picked up two of the saddest looking dogs I have ever seen and brought them home with me. I dealt with thousands of ticks, a serious worm infestation and extreme dehydration. With some good food, a good grooming and lots of TLC these pups are now 100% different dogs.

They are not entirely recovered yet but are well on their way. As I mentioned, I already have two dogs at home, and truly don't have the space for 4 big dogs, but I will not abandon these two now. I am going to have both neutered/spayed (a male and female) as well as all of their vaccinations, but I would love to find them a forever home here.

My best guess is that they are black lab/doberman crosses, 6-8 months old. They are almost perfectly house trained, very respectful and non-destructive inside. They do not bark or whine when left (but will let you know if someone is getting too close), and they quiet right down when you tell them to.

I am an experienced dog person, and both dogs will walk well on leashes, and know basic obedience as well as a few tricks (we already do sit, and paw!) before I let them go, so that they may be less hassle for someone. They had a pretty serious aversion to men and children when I first brought them home, but the female has come around full circle, and the male is well on his way.

These are going to be BIG dogs, and would do very well as yard dogs. They are quite attached to each other (I think they are litter mates), and I would very much love to see them stay together.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me at me@lex-d.com, or reply here. I have lots of pictures, and would welcome people coming to meet them anytime. I go home in February, and would gladly keep them and work on training and condition until then if someone wanted.

#449753 - 10/26/12 04:43 AM Re: Rescued Pets [Re: Lexie Rowsell]
LaurieMar Offline
Wow, you are generous...what a kind thing to do for these dogs. I think you are right about the breed and the fact that they are litter mates. Their eyes are virtually the same.

I hope you find them a good home and good luck!

#449773 - 10/26/12 01:43 PM Re: Rescued Pets [Re: Lexie Rowsell]
BrusselSprout Offline
They are gorgeous! I hope someone can take them!

#449798 - 10/26/12 03:52 PM Re: Rescued Pets [Re: Lexie Rowsell]
seashell Offline
Scublady aka Harriette might be interested. Hope she sees this and comments.

#449799 - 10/26/12 04:27 PM Re: Rescued Pets [Re: seashell]
ragman Offline
Harriette is in San Pedro and I believe the two dogs are in the States so I don't think that would work out. They are nice looking dogs and there shouldn't be a problem getting them adopted I would think.

That was a very nice and probably expensive thing to do for those dogs. Thanks

Edited by ragman (10/26/12 04:32 PM)

#449804 - 10/26/12 07:00 PM Re: Rescued Pets [Re: ragman]
gailtor Offline
ragman, go back and read carefully. She does have two dogs in the states but these two are on Caye Caulker. Sounds like perfect dogs for Harriette.

#449807 - 10/26/12 07:51 PM Re: Rescued Pets [Re: Lexie Rowsell]
ScubaLdy Offline
YOU ARE STEELING MY HEART. Don't they remind you of Greta? Can you give me a call. 622-9808. I would love to share them with you.
What are their names?
And thanks to my message board friends for thinking of me.

#449813 - 10/26/12 08:08 PM Re: Rescued Pets [Re: ScubaLdy]
BeBelize Offline
Lovely dogs, and such a kind and generous thing to do, Lexie. Thank you for being a caring and loving soul. We need more like you in this world. smile

Emily

#449818 - 10/26/12 08:27 PM Re: Rescued Pets [Re: Lexie Rowsell]
iluvbelize Offline
Beautiful pups! Kudos and thank you to you Lexie for all you do.

#449820 - 10/26/12 09:05 PM Re: Rescued Pets [Re: gailtor]
ragman Offline
You are correct but it does take a careful reading. It appears the dogs may be on CC. I was confused because she said she brought them home with her. (a difficult task in most cases to bring them back to the States) but then later I she where she says that she is going home in February. Confusing where “home” is when home was previously mentioned in the States.

My mistake, maybe I'll be seeing these two pups in my neighborhood soon and that would be fine with me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Marty, wiley, 2 invisible), 43 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,043 Topics
462,256 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.