Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#45018 - 10/22/01 05:43 PM Getting Married
woods Offline
I'm planning on getting married on AC in late February and we're trying to decide where to stay. I'd like a pool, a nice beach (I've read the beach discussion), and an oceanside room for me and the new hubby somewhere on the south end of caye. Three to four other couples are going with us...

I've read quite a bit of the message board and have it somewhat narrowed down...Victoria House, Banyan Bay, or Ramone's. Would really appreciate recommendations.

I also need to consider the wedding plans themselves, but wanted to get accommodations nailed down first. I saw that Capricorn seems to be a nice restaurant - would this be a good place to have a wedding dinner? And, do all the hotels help with weddings?

Thanks much for the input!

#45019 - 10/22/01 08:44 PM Re: Getting Married
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Of those three, Banana Beach in my opinion (and I've stayed at all three) offers the most for the least. Victoria House is the neatest spot -- casual but nice barefoot Caribbean-style resort. Ramon's is, well, Ramon's, popular with travel agents and first-time visitors, but it does have a convenient location and despite its size still has a nice thatch-and-sand ambiance.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#45020 - 10/22/01 10:04 PM Re: Getting Married
woods Offline
Do you mean you'd choose Banana Beach or Banyan Bay?...

#45021 - 10/22/01 11:53 PM Re: Getting Married
Barefoot girl Offline
Hi Woods,
here are my two cents: Victoria House is the place to stay!!!! It is completely romantic, uncrowded, elegant but unpretentious and the staff will fullfill any wishes or special request you might have.
The setting is like an old Victorian Plantation with plenty of privacy if you wish or a fun night at the bar after a scrumptious meal at the candle-lit dining room. High heels or ties or even dressy outfits are not needed there. We recently spent 8 days on Ambergrise Caye, and after venturing out to town on several occasions, we were always happy to be back at Victoria House. We'd be happy to email you pictures of the place. Just let us know. Have fun planning your wedding and honeymoon, we felt like we were on one while on the island...:-)

#45022 - 10/23/01 08:14 AM Re: Getting Married
Nicki Offline
I got married at Victoria House in May and I would highly recommend it! The staff there went out of their way for us in every aspect. The wedding was so beautiful and the dinner by the pool was amazing. Make sure you contact Iraida for all the wedding plans. You cannot go wrong with Victoria House.

#45023 - 10/23/01 09:34 AM Re: Getting Married
Mike and Daphne Ryan Offline
When we were staying at Victoria House, a wedding took place. It was conducted outdoors, on a lovely wide lawn, in front of a private cabana. From our table by the pool we could see that it was a lovely ceremony, but we were not close enough to actually intrude with our observation in any way --- we couldn't actually hear what was going on, just little bells ringing, and they clearly couldn't hear anything from the pool area. Just what I imagine that you would want.

It looked perfect to me.

Mike Ryan

#45024 - 10/23/01 01:12 PM Re: Getting Married
BelizeWed Offline
I am getting married in Belize in November and would HIGHLY recommend Sundiver Beach Resort. Turnbun got married there in September and I have heard nothing but great things about them. They've been EXTREMELY helpful and really easy to work with. Just another option for you to consider.

I can't wait - only 3 weeks left...

#45025 - 10/23/01 01:34 PM Re: Getting Married
Nicki Offline
I thought you might like to see pictures from a Victoria House wedding.

If you go to this page and then click on Wedding, I have several pages of wedding pictures from Victoria House. Granted these are not pictures taken by the professional photographer, but they will give you a good idea of what the setting looks like.

#45026 - 10/23/01 01:52 PM Re: Getting Married
woods Offline
Nicki -

Your pictures are wonderful!! Thanks for showing me. It looks like a beautiful place to get married. Unless my travel agent really throws me a curve, I'm probably hooked on Victoria House. How far is it to town from there?

#45027 - 10/23/01 02:42 PM Re: Getting Married
i'm not positive, but i think it is a 20 minute walk, and of course, much shorter by bike or golf cart. i hear it is the place to have a honeymoon at. i have stayed at ramon's, and would not want my wedding there.

i would figure to rent a golf cart for the week, and then you are free to come & go anywhere.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,698 Topics
461,211 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.