Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#450390 - 11/04/12 04:37 PM Can anyone suggest a good barber?
Decompression Offline
If so..where? What hours? What do they charge?
North of town is best, but in town is fine.

#450391 - 11/04/12 04:42 PM Re: Can anyone suggest a good barber? [Re: Decompression]
SP Daily Offline
Kim at Aquarius on Middle Street across Social Security

#450393 - 11/04/12 07:04 PM Re: Can anyone suggest a good barber? [Re: Decompression]
Phil Offline
+1 Kim. $20. Normal business hours 226 2140.

#450394 - 11/04/12 07:05 PM Re: Can anyone suggest a good barber? [Re: Decompression]
Scuba do Offline
one block north of Tropic arrivals I think his name is Carl
People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care

#450397 - 11/04/12 09:42 PM Re: Can anyone suggest a good barber? [Re: Decompression]
Decompression Offline
Scuba Do..regular Barber Shop place? I am kinda old school. Don't like the "salons" much.
If not, I will try Kim's place.

#450401 - 11/04/12 10:24 PM Re: Can anyone suggest a good barber? [Re: Decompression]
ScubaLdy Offline
Is there a salon on the island? LOL Kim is very basic hair and takes care of a lot of men. I do have to say I have seen a barber shop someplace around here that looked like a USA mans type operation.
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

#450407 - 11/05/12 07:17 AM Re: Can anyone suggest a good barber? [Re: Decompression]
ragman Offline
Decompression, My taste in barbers is about the same, I think. If I had to go to a "modern salon" I think I would just give up and let it grow.

I use the barber which is located at the end (south end) of Back St. You take a right by the field and it is right there by the guys who sell fish when the boats come in. Now understand that it is nothing fancy by any means but it is more like an old fashion barber shop. The cost is $15bz. Probably less for a local but Iím OK with that.

Here at home I use a barber shop that has been open since the 1920's. The guy is my age and his father ran the shop before him. He stills shaves your neck with a straight razor; dusts off your neck collar with a brush with a little powder on it and at the end of the haircut he raises a mirror to show you the back of your head for approval before he considers the job done. In addition he knows the name and something about everyone of his customers.

The barber in San Pedro is younger but in general is close to the same. (The Belizean version) Barbers for me are kind of a personal decision and it has to feel right, meaning his style, decor or lack of I should say and the personality of the barber. Is he good? I don't know, what the hell I wear a hat down there all the time and he doesn't have much to work with when I am sitting in the chair. smirk Good luck.
Somewhere on a beach in Belize

#450408 - 11/05/12 07:18 AM Re: Can anyone suggest a good barber? [Re: Decompression]
SimonB Offline
Back Street just north of Super Buy on the NW corner. Closest to a barber I've seen, straight razor shaves and such.

#450409 - 11/05/12 07:22 AM Re: Can anyone suggest a good barber? [Re: Decompression]
Diane Campbell Offline
Leslie's Salon is a good bet too. Yes, it is a "salon".
Lots of men have their hair cut there.

#450413 - 11/05/12 08:01 AM Re: Can anyone suggest a good barber? [Re: Decompression]
denjy Offline
Baller's on the corner of Tarpon and Middle Street. These are the same guys who lost their place in the Neri's Taco fire in July of 2011. Both are excellent, anything you want, $10Bz.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (brewdr), 71 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,739 Topics
461,315 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.